Views: 38625|Replies: 157

China Daily to expand in 2007 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-6 10:22:04 |Display all floors
China Daily, the only national English-language newspaper in China, will expand from 16 pages to 24, starting from January, 2007. It's the paper's largest expansion since it was established in 1981.

The front page of China Daily on December 5, 2006. The newspaper, now 16 pages, will expand to 24 pages next year.
"The expansion is aimed at enhancing international influence and gaining an edge over international competition," said editor-in-chief Zhu Ling. There will be more refined news sections, more international staff, a hip design and corporate-like management.

China Daily will staff sufficient English-speaking staff reporters, correspondents and editors from the US, the UK, Canada, Australia and India, who will help deliver more reader-friendly English-language reports.

A new series of quality sections is set to bring readers from both at home and abroad a tri-dimensional, multi-view experience incorporating domestic and international news and analysis that will follow the development of important issues, said Zhu.

The new column section will feature prominent political researchers from both at home and abroad to show China to the world in a more specific and piercing way.

Complementing the paper, the China Daily Website is poised to form a bridge closely linking readers with online interactive programs, such as online surveys, news blogs, online editorials, and web guides.

The China Daily is the most quoted domestic newspaper in mainstream international media, with an average monthly reference rate of 600.

The only representative of China in the Asian News Network (ANN), the China Daily was established in June 1, 1981 and has an average daily circulation of more than 200,000, one-third of which is in more than 150 countries and regions.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-12-6 11:02:43 |Display all floors

Congratulations China Daily....

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 14:28:38 |Display all floors

Way to go...

From strength to strength...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 14:52:29 |Display all floors

Congratulations

China Daily was established in June 1, 1981 , older than I.
Nothing's gonna stop us now!
MSN:apple_lee0512@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-6 21:58:31 |Display all floors
congratulation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 12:39:40 |Display all floors
The only national English-language newspaper in China: Hehe, of course your the only national
english language newspaper in China. Its run by party members; and the party doesnt allow any competition.
Nothing to be too proud about. If you had some "REAL" competition then I'm sure congraduations would be in order.
I have a love hate relationship with this paper.  Its not a bad paper. Its just needs new blood. You cant have the same party members running the show all the time. It gets stale after a while. Shake it up and I dont mean adding a few more pages where the additional pages will be advertising.
The people at the newspaper are not bad people; they are just all institutionalized. There is no real incentive to moderize or think outside the box.
Also you might want to think about doing stories way in advance instead of doing them at the spur of the moment or even just cut and pasting them from other Chinese newspapers; and just doing a translation job.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 13:27:41 |Display all floors

China MUST strive to do better in the future

modeststeam,

One question,when do you see China's leadership will incrementally open up it's media to constructive critism on political and social issues.Taiwan didn't have freedom of press until Chiang Dynasty is gone with the death of Chiang's son in the late 1980's.

You and me have wrote some unpleasant posts here,we are still NOT banned.This tells me the site's administrators are willing to accept broad overview of outright anti-PRC.

[ Last edited by ricecake at 2006-12-7 01:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.