Views: 54909|Replies: 86

This is probably my favorite food in China.. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-12-1 20:18:04 |Display all floors
Well, in terms of street vendor food anyways. ;-]

At first I wouldn't eat the stuff, because I thought, man, I ain't going to eat pork that's been sitting out in 34c weather for the last 5 hours!  

But I can't stop eating them now and they are so cheap, why should I?

What is it?  It's thinly sliced pork with some pepper seasoning and if you like, green onions.  This is a must for any foreigner visiting China.

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-12-1 08:20 PM ]
china2_ 114.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 20:35:41 |Display all floors
So many good foods in china hard to choose but went to su zhou and had peanuts with chicken and chilli and that tasted amazing.  Every province has rich and wonderful foods just not enough time to eat lol
a dream is only a dream because you have not made it reality yet

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 20:37:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-12-1 20:18
Well, in terms of street vendor food anyways. ;-]

At first I wouldn't eat the stuff, because I thought, man, I ain't going to eat pork that's been sitting out in 34c weather for the last 5 hou ...

OH, I TRIED BARBEQUE WITH COAL,

AO YI XI DEI S NON!
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 20:50:42 |Display all floors
Isn't that tool that spreads cement on bricks? Oh well whatever that gets the job done huh hahah. To add to that, I also enjoy Yang rou chuan (Lamb kabobs Xinjiang style) the pepper which they put creates this insatiable aroma that reminds me of the essence of indian spices and the raw flavor from Gobi desert.

What am I writing here? Don't ask...because I don't even know anymore haha.

back on topic! mmmm food *drools*...*salivates*

Fin
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 21:00:41 |Display all floors
oh..i like that too..but my mother never let me eat those things..cos she said its dirty....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 21:45:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 12-1-2006 20:37

OH, I TRIED BARBEQUE WITH COAL,

AO YI XI DEI S NON!

i hope you didn't burn your mouth sweet heart...  

what does the last line say???

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

yeah, i'ts dirty i guess, but i've had probably at least 50 of them and i never got sick yet.

////

here's another favorite....the bowl in the middle is rice noodles, cucumber, some chili sauce perhaps with a tad of soy sauce, fried tofu, peanutes, cilantro, chil, and bean sprouts.  not sure, but maybe some vinegar too.  this street vendor food was only like 2-3rmb i think...for the middle bowl.  maybe i'm easily pleased, i don't know.     
Picture 134.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-1 22:04:29 |Display all floors
My son eats meat-on-a-stick all the time, he's been very brave with food here, I'm very proud of him. What do you call it (CHINESE PEOPLE HELP)? SOmeone told me to call it "yang rou", but that just means mutton, it doesn't say anything about a stick, and when he asked for yang rou once somewhere else, he got a plate full of nasty meat that was nothing like it. And what if it's other kinds of meat on a stick?

Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 2006-12-1 20:50
Isn't that tool that spreads cement on bricks? Oh well whatever that gets the job done huh hahah. To add to that, I also enjoy Yang rou chuan (Lamb kabobs Xinjiang style) the pepper which they put  ...

I got jianbing a few times, I like it a lot - the big round 'pancake' thing - not like what I know as pancakes at all actually... they spread the batter on the big round hot surface with a tiny hoe. Then the egg, same thing. Then they spread some sauces on (don't know what they are, I just eat them) with PAINTBRUSHES fromt he hardware store. Yes, they are totally from the hardware store, big flat wide paintbrushes.

That cement spreader - actually I've seen that type of thing used on grills in the US, to squash down grilled cheese or burgers. The difference is probably that in the US some company discovered they could cash in on making identical tools but for "food only", and they have a deal with the hardware store & they change the labels out back, then charge more because now it says "Squash-omatic-3000" on it (name courtesy of spooky).

oh god my head hurts from thinking so much.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.