Author: freakyqi

TRUST - who? what? when?.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-26 16:12:42 |Display all floors

economics angle

i can fell what u write and your ideas on turst ...certainly ,it is  hard to gain turst from others ,even the ppl u are
familar with very much...
in Psychology ,the car drivers will not help u or help u less when ur car broken in a freeway and many cars pass by ....while if the car is broken in a place where few ppl go by ,the only one surely will help ,ven to help u work out....according to this view, we can also find a explanation ,with the Utilization theory of the economics..
with that ,i think we can also see why nowadays,in china ,turst is hard to get  from a economics angle...
futher depends on the dreams,so go on sleeping

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-26 21:52:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-11-26 11:34

I said I'd trust a stranger with my life (like if he had to save me from an accident or help me climb a mountain) but I wouldn't trust him with my bank account number.
Why? My life is more important than my bank account...

I think it's a choice thing and situation, more than trust....like if you were in an accident,  or in danger, you have to trust them, or rather you have to depend on them to get through, let's imagine you're in danger, if stranger ask you for bank account as a condition to save you, will you give your band account? And if you were safe walking on the streets, a stranger came to tell you that you can trust him with your life, would you trust him? So I think it's choices and situations thing, more like a kind of social behavior, not so much as a trust.
When I climb mountains, once to the glacier, I was stumbling and moving on the ice to climb to a safer place, afriad of falling into the gaps, then a man beside me asked me to take his hands and he'll hold me up onto the safer ground. I did so, but can I say I trust him? I think I depended on him, I had a sense of security to him, it's not "trust". I have to depend on someone in that situation, I depended on him cause he made me feel safe---as social behavior, that doesn't mean I trust this stranger unless I get to know him.

Trust between people is more like an inner sharing...among my friends, family, more or less from one to another, but it stops in front of certain borderline. We're aware of that.
Mostly judged by promises, if those people specially not much of a friend, when I just get to know them, and they don't keep their promises, not like being forgetful but go back on their words, for even once, I'll never trust them, as individuals...just came across a few...duh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-28 20:31:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-28 23:19:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-11-26 11:34
I got on this subject in another thread so I'm starting a new one.

What would you trust people with? Strangers? Friends? Spouses?

WHat things are you most likely to keep guarded and not trust ...

I trust every body is good one...'cause I am warm to people,I think they might as I do..

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-29 02:08:29 |Display all floors
I trust no one unless they do something to earn my trust.  (Happy opposite day)

BTW, SuperK, I like your distinction between depending on someone and trusting them.  (true - not opposite day here)
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-29 07:27:58 |Display all floors

Trust with your life

Who....    THE DOCTOR
What....    IN THE OPERATING ROOM
When...    HE STARTS TO CUT ON YOU

YOU WILL HAVE OPENED BOTH YOUR INNER SELF AND YOUR BANK ACCOUNT TO A VIRTUAL STRANGER...

IN MY FATHER's CASE IT WAS TRUST MISPLACED
Communication is the most important source of personal power.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-7 09:01:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by plasmalupus at 2006-11-28 18:27
Who....    THE DOCTOR
What....    IN THE OPERATING ROOM
When...    HE STARTS TO CUT ON YOU

YOU WILL HAVE OPENED BOTH YOUR INNER SELF AND YOUR BANK ACCOUNT TO A VIRTUAL STRANGER...

IN MY FAT ...

My condolence....
Just hope the doctor did try his best.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.