Views: 5428|Replies: 22

do you prefer to be an employer or an employee [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-16 06:35:50 |Display all floors
I have been working as an employee in a big restaurant in Italy but although I am satisfied with the money I make I know very well that I deserve something more.I have never felt independent ,I need to be always submissive in general I deserve a better treatment.
The whole restaurant is based on my own  effort  and techniques .I do not find it fair for myself.
So I have decided to open a restaurant on my own .
Some people tell me to stay in my job because when I open a restaurant then I will be completely occupied.I won't have any free time for myself.
I can not accept it for myself .I think that I can work for myself and not for somebody else.
My first choice will be Greece.
What would you prefer to be in your life?An employer or an employee?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 09:28:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2006-11-16 06:35
I have been working as an employee in a big restaurant in Italy but although I am satisfied with the money I make I know very well that I deserve something more.I have never felt independent ,I nee ...

Years ago,I work for somebody'cause I have no experience...

After years past,I would prefer to work for myself...if you have enough cash in flow,run business by yourself,there is no question for  me...

there is one sentence while I read the book: RICH DAD AND POOR DAD.;Someone who is afraid of lossing money,would never win money...

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 11:34:51 |Display all floors
i have tried to establish myself business after graduted frome college, but i failt after 2 years.so i left that city and restarted my new life, and i have to introduced myself to other company.fortunately,  i was hired by a germanic company. and have a good salary , but fanaly i felt very confuse and boring after been worked for 2 years, i need activity things to do and need more money , so i want to establish myself bussiness again, then i also know that this is not easy to do , maybe i have to miss my high salary and comfortable life and to bear some hard life that i can't considering.but i like to take a risk,because i am so young and i am confidence that i could succesfull if i work hard

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 12:03:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rosepanther at 2006-11-16 06:35
do you prefer to be an employer or an employee

The odd thing about your question comes from the reality of being a good employer in that a good employer knows that they work for their staff and in that way are actually employees OF their workers.

Similar actually to your intended venture. If you start a restaurant, you become a worker for others, especially your clients. You can call it working for yourself, but if you only do things to suit you rather than your guests you will not be successful - so, you work FOR your guests.

It isn't really a semantic argument either - but one that deals with the reality.

I employee about 100 people - and I have little free time, have to be cognizant of all aspects of my business, spend so much time away from home that falling asleep in my own bed is difficult as I am no longer used to it.

I thought I would be able to relax a bit when I stopped working for someone else and started my own company...how incorrect I was. I work longer hours, have less spending money, and heavier responsibility than I ever had as just an "employee" - BUT, I do enjoy the fact that I am the one whose decisions mean success or failure...and besides, it keeps me young.

So go for it. Start your restaurant, Work your a*s off and enjoy your success, but don't think you wont still be an employee.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 14:07:59 |Display all floors
i will be an employee,because now i have no captial and ability to have my own occupation,but i think if you have the asset and confidence ,you can open your own restaurant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 14:15:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2006-11-16 09:28

Years ago,I work for somebody'cause I have no experience...

After years past,I would prefer to work for myself...if you have enough cash in flow,run business by yourself,there is no question ...

Someone who is afraid of lossing money,would never win money...
-----------i agree with your  view.
i  tend to work for myself ,i like to provide a circumstance  which  everyone  can  work out his potentialities

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-16 17:59:04 |Display all floors
i'd like to be employee when i have no money;
and i'd like to fool around when i have big money.

i'd like to be an employer only when i have little money, and i want more money.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.