Author: hepcat

No religion, no tooth fairy, no god... grow up! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-20 02:46:00 |Display all floors
God in his infinite wisdom and omnipotence made me
AN ATHIEST, I cannot remember being anything else.

This is a good thread because after years of being just
an atheist I now feel that religion is actually harmful to
the human race.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-21 16:07:38 |Display all floors
But people in middle east fight so much beacause of religion...oh,I hate war...
"Printer Consumables" Manufacturer ------MSN:mydearlotus@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-21 22:07:26 |Display all floors

Reply #16 --- leogirl's post...

Religion is a convenient excuse.  Wars are always fought over wealth (land, food, strategic geographic locations, etc.) and power.  If a group can control the thoughts/beliefs of a people, they have power over them.  Most religions are based on altruistic ideas.  All are twisted to justify war and to subjugate a group willing to subscribe to these beliefs.

[ Last edited by nosferatu at 2006-11-23 06:36 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-22 00:22:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by leogirl at 2006-11-21 16:07
But people in middle east fight so much beacause of religion...oh,I hate war...

yes they do, but it's not only there people fight now is there?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-2 08:04:14 |Display all floors

The Anglo Feral State

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-2 08:19:03 |Display all floors
China has a long religious tradition...

China had religion in its society for 4,950 years and has had no state religion for 50 years.  So why is it considered that China has succeeded without religion?

Your politicized educations fail you all.  Religion is the most powerful civilizing force on the planet and in the history of the planet.

If you doubt me, look at a popular book by American political scientist Kevin Phillips.  He says in the past 40 years, religious fundamentalists have become a huge force in politics, unlike anything we've ever seen.  The truth is that religious fundamentalists in America are only now visible because before they were not the right wing of politics, they were the center.  It was only in 1964 that prayer was eliminated from PUBLIC schools in America.

All Americans, including myself, are all brainwashed about religion, politics, and history.  

[ Last edited by matt605 at 2006-12-3 02:16 AM ]
龙年顺顺利利

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-12-2 19:39:32 |Display all floors
In fact, even with their Christianity which says "thou shalt not kill, the Anglo states still have a history filled to the brim with barbarism, treachery, lies, thieving, genocide and includes the worst of all crimes in all history, the greatest number of wars and the bloodiest century in history.

And how would that have changed without Christianity?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.