Author: chairman

Foreign women... label Beijing a dating wasteland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-27 07:53:30 |Display all floors
Chairman, petite and thin is all well and good. The problem is, the "petite and thin" of Asian girls is abnormal in comparison with the rest of the world's "petite and thin." I'm thin (though not petite; I'm tall), and yet you're basically saying I'm a huge, disgusting fat pig. Your view is warped. There are many girls as thin as me in the US; would you really call us all fat?

Come on, I dare you--call me fat. Call me or anyone else who doesn't look like they'd break if you hugged them too tightly fat. I dare you.

It's views like yours that cause anorexia...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 07:58:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ricbon at 11-27-2006 03:50
It is not clear, though, whether the Chinese surveys use the same definitions of obesity as in the U.S. or elsewhere.  

Well, I've been to China (and the US) and no matter how much faster the problem is spreading than the US, they're still not as fat as Americans nor are there are many fat people proportionately.  NO, I didn't get each person weighed in, but visually you can see how disproportionate someone is and they are NOTHING like Americans from what I seen.  In fact, if we could go beyond just saying if one is obese and make a more accurate measurement of how much one is OVER obese, then I know that Americans are so much more OVER obese than are the Chinese.  I've seen entire fat god damned families in the US that take 60 seconds to walk across the street as they jiggle across like the Michelin man or Stay puft marshmallow man (see below).  

I remember reading the article "Chinese obese (or was it overweight?) now tops 69 million".  Which is how many obese people there are in the USA.  Of course they failed to say there are 1.3billion people in China and only 300 million in the USA.  It's like the US writers are trying to draw some comparison and to feel better about themselves by writing incomplete stories.

All American aren't fat, but neither are all Muslims terrorists.  It just so happens that in both cases the probability of either being true occurs more times than not, which makes the statement "Americans are fat" and "Muslims are terrorists" mostly true.  What, I can have fun once in a while!!  

Interestingly, though, I think in the US there are more fat white guys than there are girls.  But in China it's apparent this isn't an issue for the white guys.  How come?

///////////////////
back to the main issue....white women in china

Where are the white women in China?  I get the feeling that if they didn't COME with a white guy, then they're leaving empty handed because from what I seen it is more rare to see a white woman with an Chinese guy than it is to see a black guy with a Chinese gal.  Just go to any lao wai bar and if a white girl is there then she's probably alone with other white girls, or the guy she came with from her respective foreign country. Most likely she' not with a Chinese guy, which, I think, are very picky about their girls especially for a serious relationship that would end up in China (due to the harsh marriage arrangements that still exist, eg, housing arrangements after marriage, etc). Although it'd probably be cheaper for a Chinese guy to marry a  white girl.

So again, back to the main point of the thread...Can white women compete again Chinese women while IN China?  I find from personal observations a resounding no.  But what about white vs chinese with the domain being the US/EU?

sorry, forgot the enjoyable pics

[ Last edited by mikeghet at 2006-11-27 08:04 AM ]
mich_man.jpg
staypuft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-27 08:15:42 |Display all floors

Mike Ghet

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 08:18:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 11-27-2006 07:53
Chairman, petite and thin is all well and good. The problem is, the "petite and thin" of Asian girls is abnormal in comparison with the rest of the world's "petite and thin." I' ...

After getting to China I wondered if our BMI calculations are suitable for east asians?  They are dramatically smaller in many cases, so I'd say no.  That's sound logic huh? ;-) Which means there are probably more fat Chinese than what the Chinese say, but then there would also have to be less people that are 'underweight'.

I'd say they took average from the US and or Euro socities on height and weight to form a baseline (ideal) combo.  This combo can't be applicable to east asians if in fact that's how the math of the tool works (i really don't know).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 08:19:56 |Display all floors

Sockmonkey

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 08:21:47 |Display all floors

Sockmonkey...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-27 08:23:21 |Display all floors

Mike Ghet and Meiguoracing have both been to China...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.