Author: wchao37

So what's happening to Malaysia's Mahathir   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-24 10:59:42 |Display all floors
and, almost: Tianjin

If China puts me in her MII and Beijing Uni strategic studies depts, i will move the world for her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 11:04:06 |Display all floors

Reply #43 markwu's post

and i thought that i almost manage the same feat right here unknowingly in the bbs.....while truly enjoying myself.

ha ha ha

Green DRagon

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-2-24 11:05 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-24 11:05:45 |Display all floors
yes, big fire lizard, you have, many times.

proud of you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-21 16:23:36 |Display all floors
I'll let you re-read this interview with the Old Fox who championed Asian values before i give you my new impressions of him.

While I was very disappointed with his disallowing the continuation of major land-bridge projects inked by his predecessor, I am more than delightful about his willingness to espouse cultural exchanges between China and Malaysia.

The translation of the Four Great Chinese Novels into the Malaysian language demonstrates what length China would go to to demonstrate mutual respect with her neighbors.

The translation itself was indeed a monumental job that took decades.

Still, Mahathir should set up a legally enforceable plan to pay huge compensation for the canceled projects that his predecessor had signed with China.

Otherwise he will stay with his present image of an old fox that has come rightfully with the abrupt cancellations.  

In that case, the Chinese public would believe that he is just trying to wiggle out his debts incurred by the cancellations by singing praise to the present government.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-22 06:19:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-8-22 06:21

The Old fox is leaving Beijing without committing his nation to pay compensation for the cancelled projects.

By using empty words supporting the nation's OBOR theme, Mahathir is merely stating that he wants to "learn" from China without reference to how he is planning to pay for the procurement of such knowledge.

Beijing's attitude is very clear -- Mahathir cannot make any unilateral cancellation of the contracts without paying compensation.

He is using the argument that Beijing doesn't understand how corrupt the former Malaysian government was -- as if to imply that the Chinese earned the right to enter into contractual agreements with his predecessor by the use of bribes.

If Beijing submits to this kind of nonsense, all other nations that enter into contractual agreement with China in the future will try to back out of agreements or wiggle out of cancellation penalty payments, quoting Malaysia as a precedent.

That's why China can never acquiesce to such breaches of contract.

That would be a quintessential disaster of the nth degree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-22 06:57:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-22 15:39:40 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-8-22 06:19
The Old fox is leaving Beijing without committing his nation to pay compensation for the cancelled p ...

The compensation could have been discussed and settled in private. Or it could be left to the businesses involved.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.