Author: chairman

RACISTS - [Copy link] 中文

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-10 22:15:31 |Display all floors

Up due to attack by Arcade out of South Korea...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-11 06:15:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 2006-11-11 00:15
Up due to attack by Arcade out of South Korea...

How do you know he's out of ROK?

It would seem to exclude the idea that it was your little stethoscope wearing mate down south of Kowloon Tong.

BTW, Northwest, the "race" bit in Australia's constitution is a relic of federation which is over 100 years old.
It is not used, and even if it were, it acts as a double edged sword. Yes, it should be removed, but let's compare;

Australia has an old constitutional provision which apparently allows a state to withdraw voting rights on a racial basis. However this provision is not used and everyone has full voting rights.

China has a more recent constitution which promises rights of assembly, religion and freedom of speech.
In practise, these rights are often severely curtailed, with people of certain religion/s suffering severe discrimination by the state. It is also said that people who owe allegiance to a certain Lama of a certain religion can be persecuted.

So I think Australia is looking pretty good in comparison.

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2006-11-11 08:43 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-11 11:43:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2006-11-10 20:50

Hmm, my guess is it would be nosy, well meaning foreigners

I haven't come across very many "nosy - and or nosey - well meaning foreigners" in the last 2 decades in China.

I do run in to a few of the exact opposite on this forum though - of which you dear boy are the poster boy.

Nosy - and or nosey - foreigners; well no question there are lots of those - as well as delusional as their own superiority foreigners, self-important and pompous racist foreigners, pontificating know-nothing moron foreigners, nasty, insulting, lying and cheating foreigners - these are legion; but well-meaning...well, a few and they are very nice, intelligent, culturally respectful, careful in their dealings with the people of the country wherein they are guests, visitors, or part of...but not many.

But perhaps we're - or rather I - am being too literal because just the nosy - and or nosey - part of your drivel sort of cancels out the "well-meaning" part.

The sticking of one's nose into other people's business - especially when it is not wanted - is the surest way to get it cut off. A lesson you obviously never learned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-11 14:45:25 |Display all floors

Emucentral Australian racist....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-11 16:29:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 2006-11-11 16:45
Do you mean like no votes to Arabs..

Arab-Australians (citizens) have full electoral rights and are in absolutely no danger of losing the right to vote.

The Premier of the State of Victoria (my home state) is part Lebanese.
The Federal Human Services Minister, Joe Hockey, is also part Arab.

The old bit in the constitution, I think, originally referred to Australian Aboriginals.
As I said, it is a constitutional relic which is not used. However I think it should be deleted.

JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-12 03:47:00 |Display all floors

Emucentral Australian racist....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-12 05:47:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chairman at 2006-11-12 05:47
Arab-Australians (citizens) have full electoral rights and are in absolutely no danger of losing the right to vote.
Right....so...you do not have just Australian's....you have varietys or levels of Australian's..
like ....he is a Black Australian...he is an Aboriginal Australian...a Chinese Australian...and so on...
but the " WHITE ONES " are just Australian's...
I see... I get it...RACISM...right..

In certain context, the "white ones" are usually referred to as "Anglo-Australians", BTW you can drop the apostrophe on the plural, Australians.
I used "Arab-Australians" to make a distinction as you were the one who suggested Arabs might be excluded from voting in Australia.
Arabs (ie people living in Arab countries) are excluded from voting in Australia because they live in Egypt, or Saudi-Arabia, or Israel or somewhere else. Just like Japanese citizens don't get to vote in Chinese elections.
Australians of an Arab lineage, (ie Australian citizens) are of course able to vote just like anyone else in Australia.
You see we have a thing here called "multiculturalism". The idea is that Australians who hail from different parts of the world are free to practice their culture and religion here within the larger Australian community.
Expressions like "Lebanese-Australian" or "Chinese-Australian" are used in this sort of context often by community cultural groups themselves.

When this sort of expression is used, it is mainly in a national rather than ethnic context, ie Iraqi-Australian, Lebanese-Australian, Egyptian-Australian. You lumped all Arabs together, so I needed to refer to them collectively as "Arab-Australians" too. The racism was all yours.

Originally posted by chairman at 2006-11-12 05:47
The Premier of the State of Victoria (my home state) is part Lebanese.
Right...I see...not a FULL AUSTRALIAN...but a bitzer...?
The Federal Human Services Minister, Joe Hockey, is also part Arab.
Right...I follow...I am getting up to speed now...another HALF CAST...?

Well you may wish to disparage these blokes as "bitzers", but we aren't so crude.
Both these blokes are 100% Australian, and are proud of both their European and Middle-Eastern ancestries.
You see we don't look down on people who have the benefit of mixed genetic backgrounds.
My own nieces and nephews have mixed ethnic backgrounds, from eastern Europe and Pacific Islands.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.