Views: 4588|Replies: 5

How and why should the West be punished? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-4 01:37:44 |Display all floors
What is the hate against the west really about now adays? Do we have to be eliminated or do we have to change? Should we be kept under arabic, chinese or even perhaps sulawesi rule for the next 4 hundred years to make up for something few alive have been responsible for? Personally I think we have changed a great amount. I also consider life in the west very comfortible and meaningful. It's offcourse a lot of things i would like to change, for instance i would like to reduce our greed for one... (oh, and yes, i'd like to see Dick and Chaney switch adress, Guantanamo Bay, permanently. It's apparantly quite cozy over there they tell me. Their puppy can stay with daddy).

Well anyways,enough of sweet fantasies, europeans i guess, generally feel quite ashamed of our recent past, and a tiny bit uncomfortible regarding our wealth. That's why our leaders, and others always feel the need to involve themselves in the problems of the world outside. We feel oblige to, and very often we are asked to. And we try, and we have tried so much, and often do we fail because everyone are so sick and tired of our selfglourified presence. It's like an unintended cotinuation of an orientalistic way of thinking. We can't help but think we have it so much more better than anyone else. But even though i believe our intentions are mostly good, i don't rule out selfserving agendas by our leaders. After all, almost all leaders are ambishous men (or women) who is easily corupted. Surely you don't think your leaders are so much better?

But if you do, what do you think? Should we stop bothering? What kind of world do you who consider yourself non-western, or even anti-western want? What values do you have,etc...

All of a sudden this became alot of silly questions, but anything is allowed iguess... don't be shy! Look forward to those wacky suggestions

[ Last edited by safaribehn at 2006-11-4 01:15 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-4 13:58:39 |Display all floors
Took the liberty of editing, since noone yet have answered. But come on, this could be fun, and possibly enlightening as well if we all behave as gentlemen. I can't wait to defend myself and the wests honour, haha..!

Although i'm not that well read about all aspects here, so most probably i'm not fit to the task. But if it's gonna turn into a discussion about figures and numbers only, i'm not that interested anyways...

[ Last edited by safaribehn at 2006-11-4 02:02 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-6 14:21:45 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-6 21:31:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2006-11-6 16:21
Start by minding your own business.

Go back to your own country and solve your own problems before preaching to other people.

What problems? The US dollar is dropping into a bottomless pit. The US economy is on the verge of collapse. US prisons are over-flowing. Those problems.

Are you an American, Huang, because you seem to be minding their business.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-6 23:29:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by huang262 at 2006-11-6 14:21
Start by minding your own business.

Go back to your own country and solve your own problems before preaching to other people.

What problems? The US dollar is dropping into a bottomless pit. T ...

Well, it's a bit difficult then isn't it when everyone wants you dead.:)

No seriously, i see your point since i'm not that happy about American foreign policies, so this is a bit harder than i thought. That said I'm glad it's Washington who leads and not former Moscow (or the present for that sake). But I do wish they could be better at letting thing pass, istead of so rigidly try and stop it. Because every time they've tried to stop communism and now islamism from spreading/growing, their methods are so far from the new principals of the west, it's ultimately working againts it's purpose, because of the dubble standards. And the suffering lain in its wake is often reason enough to hate them. But since both communism and islamism are incompatible with the west's practise of civil liberties, i see why they feel they got to act this way, i just don't agree that its effectful.

It's a shame Irak was so obviuosly about something else, like they just couldn't resist the chance of getting hold of some more oil while they were at it. And i'm glad it proved more difficult than they though, because they need to learn how to restrain themselves. But Saddam wasn't a saint, so don't cry for him, okey? And I think it is the militant islamists who are the main problem there now, making it impossible for US to leave although you could bet they would if things could just cool down. This have been so embarrasing for them.

Personally I don't see the problem of minding other countries buisness, because the problems in this world are so great, that we need to work more tightly together. The West believe it have found solutions to many of them, that why we push so bad. Besides, what are the alternatives, I have yet to hear. Shall we all sit on our own corners of the world, pretending everything is fine?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-7 08:26:37 |Display all floors

The longest history of evil of all.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.