Views: 2885|Replies: 10

check for my translations (2) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-1 11:04:44 |Display all floors
check for me please, thanks!

综合运用所学的战略管理、人力资源管理等知识,为LM酒店设计出一套员工绩效考核体系,填补了该酒店在绩效考核制度方面的空白得到了酒店管理层和员工的普遍支持和认同

my version:

By the knowledge of strategic management and human resource management learned, I work out the productiveness rating system of staff for LM hotel. This system has filled up the blank of productiveness rating management in LM hotel, receiving much recognition and support from the hotel staff and the management level.

填补了.....的空白------->?
得到了.....的普遍支持和认同-------->?
and in my version some wording may not be right, i guess.
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 11:43:16 |Display all floors
Nice job, qinger! Here's my take:
With the knowledge gained of strategic and human resource management, I work out the performance rating system of staff for LM hotel. This system has filled in a gap in managing performance and performance evaluations at LM hotel and has received much recognition and support from the hotel staff and the management level.
How's that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 11:45:10 |Display all floors
Jeff, you are too fast and I feel ashamed to show mine!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 11:50:29 |Display all floors
填补了.....的空白------->?
得到了.....的普遍支持和认同-------->?

Jeff's version is great. Check his. I can't think of something better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 11:55:24 |Display all floors
With the knowledge gained of strategic and human resource management, I work out the performance rating system of staff for LM hotel. This system has filled in a gap in managing performance and performance evaluations at LM hotel and has received much recognition and support from the hotel staff and the management level.

gained-----> much better than "learned" , thanks!:)

filled in a gap-----> very good! better than "filled up the blank".( Jeff, i feel your wording is more moderate than mine and thus feels more natural, appropriate  and acceptable than mine).  

coolmax, don't be ashame, i know you are trying to help me. i'm happy that you're with me. :)
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 11:57:36 |Display all floors
execuse me, ask a question:
what's the relationsip between 管理层 and员工? the former included in the latter, or the both separate?
when we introduce the number of staff of a company, whether the management like board chairman involved in it?

thanks for your answer: )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 12:34:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by qinger at 2006-10-31 07:55 PM

gained-----> much better than "learned" , thanks!:)

filled in a gap-----> very good! better than "filled up the blank".
"Learned" is OK also.

We would say "gap." I knew exactly what you meant by "blanks" but we would use that for forms (obviously) or for providing more complete information or answers to something that is only partial understood ("Her confession to the crime filled in all the blanks we had been wondering about"), not for a "gap" in a system or process.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.