Views: 20622|Replies: 43

Prison Break [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-31 10:30:13 |Display all floors
There is a very famouse TV show produced by FOX which was firstly released last year, Prison Break.
    I saw there are many people talked about studying English with movies, I personally like this method very much, and there are actually many classic movies that are good for us to study English, my favorite movie is "The Matrix" series, and the dialogues in the films are terrific.
     Beside movies, maybe we can just turn our views to another precious treasure for English learners, "the  TV shows". In fact the dialogues in movies are designed for some certain effects or some special purpose, it's good for render the ambience, but just because of this reason, it's just not practical, the movies may reflects the lifes of the caltures, but may not reflect the talking styles, in other words, Americans or Britishers may not talk like what the people in the movies do in regular days.
     But TV shows are different things, not only most the stories, but also the conversations in the shows are based on real life, "Friends", the prime choise of most of the English learners, just like "Sleepless Seattle", honestly, I've never watched Friends, but I heard it was a good show. Beside all reasons there is one I should mation, the practical language.
    Here are some of my recommendations:"S(e)x and the City", "24", "The Sopranos", "House", and "Prison Break"
      Prison Break earned my attention by it's trongly structured story, none of an episode in a show is not valuable or simple, every show has a totally new story, not like Korean Dramas which are famous in China especially welcomed by girls. Because of that I dare not watch new American shows, or I will not pull myself out of the wonderful stories, I will be eager to watch more.
      The second Season of Prison Break has been released, and it's on the 8th episode, hope you will also like it, and support it.
      There is actually a forum of Fox, you can discuss all the shows of FOX in the forum, and my nick name is Koin, would like to meat more friends from China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 17:13:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beaksw at 2006-10-31 10:30
There is a very famouse TV show produced by FOX which was firstly released last year, Prison Break.
    I saw there are many people talked about studying English with movies, I personally like thi ...

We get something in common......
I love to watch the Prison Break.......Soclfiel is a so smart person.....
We love our home,though our feet can leave it,yet our hearts can't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-1 13:54:02 |Display all floors
I thought Prison Break was very well made. I also found it to be a great lesson in Project Management. Anyone involved in Project Management should see this whole serial:-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-3 09:23:57 |Display all floors
hehe~~~ i like T-Bag most, not the character but the actor. he is so skilled and his performance is excellent. mike is also my favorit who is not only smart and handsome but also have strong faith and forbearance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-3 16:30:48 |Display all floors
i love Soclfiel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-4 18:20:53 |Display all floors
I love 'Prison Break' too.
It's an amazing show!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-4 19:42:51 |Display all floors
all of us are pb funs
i struggle for better life,and make eng friends
my msn : vipcxd@homail.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.