Views: 50737|Replies: 246

CONGRATULATIONS CHAIRMAN - CHINA DAILY'S FIRST VIP MEMBER! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-30 15:14:01 |Display all floors
I have not visited this section of the forum for some time, but I thought this was the right time and right occassion for just such a visit.

The requirements for various "levels" of membership recognition on the China Daily that were instituted, state that to be considered a VIP member one must have posted over 16,000 posts...and only one member has done so.

One can argue and whine and be jealous and state "Well sometimes his posts are short" or "But sometimes his posts only have pictures" but since many members write "short" posts, and often even less than that, and many members like to post pictures, these comments show themselves as just sour grapes.

I doubt I will ever make it since my posts are often too long - but hey, if they ever give recognition for length, I'm there!

So anyway, congratulations to chairman. Whether you like his politics or not - and who can like the politics of anyone that likes George W. Bush, I ask you? - or whether you think Angelina Jolie is a pure excuse for a Jessica Alba wannabee - you can't argue that he posts a lot and at over 16,000 posts chairman is the first and ONLY at this time, VIP Member.

I also don't like the way he is so warm and fuzzy but I do agree with his support for China and his dislike for those that seek to insult China, Chinese people, Chinese culture and the China government.

And, even though I'll probably never understand his like for dogs over the greatness and grandeur of cats, I can tolerate this one of his personal failings.

And just so you don't get too full of yourself and because it will probably never happen for me:

<Edited because it just didn't look right with only one >

[ Last edited by canchin at 2006-10-30 03:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 20:10:20 |Display all floors

Oh yes, congrats to Chairman

Originally posted by canchin at 2006-10-30 17:14
So anyway, congratulations to chairman.

I think I'll probably slash my wrists before I get to 16,000 posts, but congrats to chairman.

It's no surprise when some of his ponderings get down to single syllables and you have to trawl through several dozen pages to get the message by which time you've forgotten how it began, and you begin to wonder why you started reading it in the first place!

OK, maybe I exaggerate.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 10:51:53 |Display all floors

Congratulations to chairman

The number of 16000 posts is really astronomical for me to reach within somehow long periods.

It is a great work deserved my paying homage to your adherence to Chinadaily BBS.

When I firstly registered in this forum, I ever misunderstood your being a super moderator for your username of "chairman". And now the VIP status has endowed you to match the username of "chairman".

So congratulate you again!

But as the fact, in your posts, you are so enjoying having the list separator and subsection at your finger ends, and anyone who read your posts should continuously drag mouse through several pages with great patience to catch the meaning or the core that you real wanting to say among your motley character.

So dear chairman, do you also think we need to recur to the tools of bookmark or color filter to read your post?

But take it easy, we never doubt that you are tongue-in-check in posting threads.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 11:14:27 |Display all floors
I think if you post on here 16,000 times, you have too much free time on your hands. I suppose it could accumulate over many years, but that's an awful lot...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 11:35:31 |Display all floors
Me too, got too much free time on working hours, It isn't  in gear.
You are the world

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 11:50:14 |Display all floors
does vip has any privilege??
Best Regards
Chris (ZēngZhìMǐn)
Live simply,Be Happy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 12:01:08 |Display all floors
Great news for a great man on the board!

Dear Chairman, I feel proud of  you!

You tell us what a VIP should be!

Appauses and Flowers to you!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.