Author: canchin

CONGRATULATIONS CHAIRMAN - CHINA DAILY'S FIRST VIP MEMBER! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-11-9 12:37:10 |Display all floors
TSK-TSK!

Such an eventful occurrence and it languishes!

While I can accept that there may have been someone that didn't want this in the section where I feel it correctly belongs and where I first posted it - that being the Talk the China Daily section where it was placed because it was after all the China Daily that created the category - it should at least be kept where it can be seen...until that is Thunderbird makes it to VIP status and we can start another one for him!

VIP status - not for everybody of course - I wont get there for example - but worth noting...and far more relevant than anything Bulldozer Boy or his sidekicks have ever placed on the forum.

Let's give encouragement to Thunderbird, who should be next, by acknowledging chairman's ascension and letting others know that involvement in the forum is at least recognized by forum members if not by anyone else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-9 12:59:42 |Display all floors

Yeah!!!

So this gets moved from Talk to..
More appropriate for Free Talk?
To think of the waste of electrons generally dominating the Talk to... section and this is what gets moved.
How are so many of the posts there related to China? or worthy of a Talk to...?(some maybe have the briefest of ties)
I'd be curious to see the same logic applied to the rest.
Will we see that?
Nah.
There is a clear agenda in play!
Shame really.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-9 13:13:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wowzers at 2006-11-9 12:59
So this gets moved

Yes, it was moved from its original location...but I understand.

After all, I was informed that the reason was that there were tears and tearing of clothes and gnashing of teeth involved and so in an act of pity, this was moved to another section.

Not a big problem since it demonstrated the courtesy and concerns of the moderator for that section towards the child that was so injured by another achieving this goal that the mentioned child will never reach.

Besides, I'm sure the wailing into the phone as the child called up the CD office to blubber about it being right in front of his face also had an effect on the mods.

I don't mind if they moved my thread - although I though it should be pinned in the "Talk to...." section and in BOLD and in color - RED and at the top of the "Recommended" section.

Still though, until Thunderbird achieves the level of VIP I'll keep this one current no matter where it gets put.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-9 13:17:11 |Display all floors

Crowded cublicles

To fluffy's post (number 58), how did you get that photo in the men's toilet where I work?

Oh, and they do, most melodiously (or should it be malodiously)!

To the Chaiman, congratulations of course.
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-11-9 13:57:55 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by pandamonium at 2006-11-9 13:17
or should it be malodiously)

Perhaps: "malodorously" - sort of like Karl Rove must be for Baby Bush to have nicknamed him "Fart Blossom."

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-11-9 15:42:23 |Display all floors

pandamonium .....

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-12-19 09:54:36 |Display all floors

Caringhk

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.