August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-10-30 05:01:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by xilaren at 2012-9-15 02:24

T
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 05:40:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-10-30 05:01
The only  thing that would make me happy would be to be with my love for the rest of my life ,holding his hand and looking him at his eyes.That would be enough.
Have you ever had that feeling?Do I ...

Your feelings tell you that you are deeply and madly in love. The most fulfilling and satisfying moments are when your love is returned or reciprocated in equal level and intensity..

This is an excerpt of a love letter written in 1910 between a Chinese man and an American woman as follows:

XXX  XXXX St.
                                                                                                                                                 XXXXXX XXX, XXX.
                                                                                                                                                 April 15, 1910

Dear XXX (American woman):
              I feel.........and the expressed love in the one of this week. You may be sure that both your tender and kind letters have made me very happy....I am very glad to receive the confession of your sincere attachment and will not attempt to conceal how truely I return it, and how earnestly I shall endeavor to prove worthy of your devotion. In fact, I feel sure, some way, that there is a perfect understanding and sympathy between us. Not only from your words but also from your deeds. I have believed, for some time, that you care for me;---how could I think otherwise....
             Still, I shall look with some anxiety for the assurance that I have not misundertood your feelings and that you return my affection.
             Goodbye, my dearest, and let me hold thee to my heart.
                                                                                                                I am, yours lovingly,
                                                                                                                XXX (Chinese man)

And  she replied his letter as follows:

XXXX   XXXX XXXX,
                                                                                                                                                    XXX XXX, XXXXX
                                                                                                                                                    April 22, 1910

Dear XXX (Chinese man),

Your last letter came to me on Monday, and I have read it thru very carefully, not once, but many times.....

First, let me explain that... Yet, that I have almost....perhaps it is even further proof of it.

For, since you have asked, and if I would still be loyal to myself and to you, I cannot deny that which I now know to be true beyond a doubt,----tho indeed, the full realization of it has only recently come to me. No, you did not misunderstand. In fact, I sometimes think perhaps you have understood better than I. But because you have told me of your own feelings for me, and if it will make you any happier now to know directly, then---XXX (chinese man), I love you....
                                   Now I must say "good-bye".....with my love, XXX (American woman)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 05:53:09 |Display all floors

you are the best psycologist

Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-10-30 05:40

Your feelings tell you that you are deeply and madly in love. The most fulfilling and satisfying moments are when your love is returned or reciprocated in equal level and intensity..

This is ...

Oh my God you are such a good psycologist.I wish that letter of the chinese guy had come to me.
Then I would not be a human being any more.I would fly .I would be a bird like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 06:11:32 |Display all floors

it is a good time for the americans to write at this time

This post was edited by xilaren at 2012-9-15 02:24

w

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 10:34:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-10-30 06:11
All the chinese of this forum have been in bed it is midnight for them.It is a good time for the Canadians and American people to write .It just evening for you.As far as me who I am in Greece it i ...

Yes, I need to pull back a bit from the monitor. Spending a bit more than I can afford (time). I am always interested in others. At least I put my two cents in. When I log on to cd forum, I am just one of the members of the chinadaily forum. I like it that way. I felt for your pain. Yes, I do. And I can also feel people's joy too. Sometimes, I can sense when people are not themselves. Anyway, have a nice dream. Tomorrow is another brand new day. New day, new hope, new direction and new action.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 15:41:49 |Display all floors

thank you very much thunderbird

Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-10-30 10:34

Yes, I need to pull back a bit from the monitor. Spending a bit more than I can afford (time). I am always interested in others. At least I put my two cents in. When I log on to cd forum, I am  ...

I have been touched by your words 'you can feel my pain'.Because yes it is a pain .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-30 16:24:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xilaren at 2006-10-30 05:01
The only  thing that would make me happy would be to be with my love for the rest of my life ,holding his hand and looking him at his eyes.That would be enough.
Have you ever had that feeling?Do I ...

No, it's not the ONLY thing that would make me happy. I'm not young/pretty/energetic. In fact, I'm rather weak from since I was born. I won't expect to find to find love easy. The love between man and woman is kind of conditional. I don't think men would love a weak and plain woman like me. So I'm practical not to put this as the ONLY thing that would make me happy.

Xilaren, the more chances you can meet the protential men  and wider your target pool( not just limited to Chinese) the sooner you will find your love. Good luck to you. You're a kind lady. If you're not choosy, you'll find him soon.

As for me, I'll not be brainwashed by traditional value that a person must have his/her love to be happy. I have very low demand for happiness,that is to stay healthy or to die in a second. Just don't have to pass away after months of physical tortue.

If you ask a person in poverty, he may say food is the only thing that would make him happy. If you ask Mother Teresa, she would say helping people...So different people at different stages have different desires. To me asking for love means asking for trouble. Only 30 to 50% women said they are happy with their marriages. Assuming they are not forced into marriage, the chances of finding long lasting love is not that high. I don't think I will that lucky or that diligent to find.

You just keep finding, xilaren, you're diligent than me.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.