Views: 8214|Replies: 22

If you can choose, which person do you want to be? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-28 13:01:54 |Display all floors
1. You live a normal life...go to school, find a job, etc....
    You meet many people, but don't really have a strong feeling for any particular one. However, you still truly believe this special someone is somewhere out there for you. You have this strong hope, and you are happy with that. You think life is beautiful.

2. You live a normal life...go to school, find a job, etc....
    One day you meet someone, and fall almost immediately. But, she/he turns you down and your heart is broken. Time cures. Two years later, you still feel the sadness but also feel glad, at least you've experienced this wonderful emotion that is called love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 16:27:41 |Display all floors

I am now being the first one.

I really believe that everything goes under its way. So I don't want to manage it with an effort.
Whatever happens, I am still keeping on hope.

Yours,
Sandy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 16:32:10 |Display all floors

I choose the first

To love is nothing.To be loved is something.To love and be loved is everything.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 18:30:24 |Display all floors
give me the second any day of the week,to love and lost is better than not to have loved at all, people die alone waiting for that special person to come along, not me I'm going for it  :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 19:00:12 |Display all floors
None of above.
Try something different.
Want my own career,not work for anybody but for myself

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 21:44:52 |Display all floors

Does culture matter?

I have a strange sense that Chinese (including me, that is) more or less prefer 1, and westerners usually prefer 2.
Probably age matters too. Young people would probably choose 2, while older ones go for 1 more often.
Well, just a wild guess. I could be wrong...

I think there's no such thing of right pick anyway.

p.s., I don't see how this topic (or any topic in FLR) is related with career...unless you mean to use career as a substance while you are hurt emotionally?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 21:49:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by puffca at 2006-10-28 21:44
I have a strange sense that Chinese (including me, that is) more or less prefer 1, and westerners usually prefer 2.
Probably age matters too. Young people would probably choose 2, while older ones ...

''I have a strange sense that Chinese (including me, that is) more or less prefer 1, and westerners usually prefer 2.''

Haha! The best generalization so far on this forum

I prefer 2. I think sadness is as good as happiness. You need both in your life, really. It's not a perfect life without sadness.:)
At the time when the mountain flowers flourish.待到山花烂漫时

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.