Views: 18598|Replies: 134

Blah Blah Black Sheep: A fun post for fun people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-28 08:56:17 |Display all floors
This is not a serious post....But I will start the post with a true, serious story

Around 1983, a family of 7 (Parents with 5 young kids) settled in my city. They were among those we called "the boat people". They were sponsored by the local church groups. I met them and know their family well. Parents are ethnic Chinese (Vietnamese) and they are hard working people. Before they abandoned their "homeland", they owned and operated a textile factory in Vietnam. They lost everything and have to start from zero.

They adapted to their new 'homeland" remarkably well. Father worked in any job available, mother worked three jobs (one full-time and 2 part-time jobs), kids worked as paper boy, weekend part-time jobs to make their ends meet. They were a hard working, happy family.

As time past, Mr and Mrs XXX bought their own house, their own brand new car, and with the blink of an eye,  their kids graduated from college and became productive members in their own communities. One of the sons worked in an national airline. He travelled a lot back and forth from/to certain cities.

Unfortunately, he wanted more than he was making.

One day, he was arrested and charged with possession and trafficing narcotics. There were six people involved. He lost his job and did his time in jail. So, his parents were really embrassed and called him the black sheep of the family (The son is doing well. He is a new man).

Do you know any black sheep?

Oh, yes, this is not a serious post!;P:lol:lol

As you know, there are Black Sheep Squadron, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Black Sheep Inn, Black Sheep Cross Stitch and Black Sheep, White Lamb.

Make some comments about any Black Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! As you know it!!!!!!!!;P:lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 09:13:01 |Display all floors
weirdly it make me remember the "ugly swan" story...it seems not match here

I never heared about the Black Sheep before in chinese idiom
Any suggestion about my english would be welcome for that I am practising.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 09:30:44 |Display all floors
Black sheep,
I 'm eager for further  explaination<
thank you BIRD!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 09:50:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-10-28 08:56
This is not a serious post....But I will start the post with a true, serious story

Around 1983, a family of 7 (Parents with 5 young kids) settled in my city. The ...

a sad story indeed. maybe the backgrounds make the son this way,nowadays.

I know someone in our group, he is a very jealous guy,if someone is making better than him,he would creat a story to make bad thing happened on someone;such,such,such,,,it seemed that his duty is to create a trouble and make eveybody unhappy HERE ,,,,I would rather call him "  A BLACK SHEEP"

Well, I am a black sheep when i was a child, I was so naughty to fight with boys,escaped from school more than ofen,,,but now,,,I don't think I am that anymore...
;P

[ Last edited by shelleybelly at 2006-10-28 09:51 AM ]
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 10:02:42 |Display all floors
Hi, folks, "The black sheep of the family" figuratively means the worst member of the family or clan. For example, John is the black sheep of the family, he 's always in trouble with the police or Mary keeps embarrassing her family in front of others. What do you expect from the black sheep of the family?

People usually joke about "the black sheep of their family. For example, I can joke about myself not being musical among my musically talented brothers and sisters by saying that "I can't play paino well,  I must be the black sheep of my family" (with a big smile on my face).

This post can be serious or not serious. It is up to the members to decide what they want to say. I welcome both comments.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 11:04:32 |Display all floors
okay,black sheep,
I used to be black sheep,but I have given that up!
now ,I hope my future son will be black sheep, which he take after his father,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 16:19:10 |Display all floors

bird......

you just made me really sheepish.........sheepissly baaaaaaad.........
It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams...............5555

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.