Views: 8643|Replies: 16

The biggest block on the way of I learning english [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-19 21:46:10 |Display all floors
hey, buddy, thanks for come in, I was not a good student  for learning english in school time, but I felt that the english is an indispensable skill for having a favorable job, therefore I started to learn it hardly. but as the subject says, I found that it very hard to memorize a lot of new words as I can remember them just for a week or a little longer,  later most of them will be forgotten utterly. does any one could share with me about your successful experiences to memorize new words? I will be appreaciate for your advise...

[ Last edited by zhangxing at 2006-10-19 09:47 PM ]
what's the next....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 08:40:04 |Display all floors
Memorizing word is tasteless and I suggest that you maybe read more English articls or news,and insist on day after day, year after year, you could improve your english level.
Life is an open road, enjoy the drive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-24 11:41:27 |Display all floors
i support phonix's suggestion.if every day you read some english newspaper,digest,etc,you'll bear all in mind.
www.freshenglishclub.com/bbs

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-24 14:55:06 |Display all floors
The same to me...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-24 15:26:32 |Display all floors
i think you should memorize a certain number of english words before starting reading english language articles.
experts claim that the threshold of reading comprehension is a vocabulary of approximately 3000 - 4000 words.
after you've done that, you can expand your vocabulary by extensive reading, which in my eyes, is the best way.

however, you must be well prepared, for the obstacle of english words is not easy to clear.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-29 19:35:42 |Display all floors

Use them

Zhangxing, the famous saying in this context is "use it or lose it".

If you wish to remember the words, you have to use them. Otherwise you will lose (forget) them.

You have to use the words in sentences; not just learn them as words. For example, if it's a noun, learn the verb form, the adjective form, etc, if they exist. And, make sentences using all these forms. Practise those sentences until you can start to feel them without thinking about them.

You have to find meaningful contexts in which you could use the words. If you don't have anyone to practise them with, you could talk to yourself in English, and make up sentences using those new words whenever possible, through the day.

You will remember the words when you can start "feeling" them without having to "think" about them.

[ Last edited by changcheng at 2006-10-29 07:41 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-31 09:18:24 |Display all floors
changcheng  good teacher

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.