Views: 5943|Replies: 10

confused..... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-15 18:08:39 |Display all floors
recently, I have been pretty confused that I failed to follow chinese when they speak in english. it sounds kinda ridiculous but it unfortunately happened to me....perhaps the main reason is that I have talked to those foreigners frequently and got quite used to their way, so now, i got problem that I can not understand well when i chat with chinese ppl in english, once in a chatting room, the one who talked to me could not understand me well as i spoken in  that fast way, but also, I could not catch him mostly when he did in his own way, I found he got nervous when we were talking so I tried to keep myself in a slow way for him to follow me, and yep, it seemed much better...however, I still did not understand what he tried to say although he talked much.. felt quite embarrassed....

anybody has ideas??
thanks

[ Last edited by come_on at 2006-10-22 12:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 21:14:56 |Display all floors
I'm fraid i can't help you  for this ,because my  oral english is not very well.For a long time ,I just studied english and spoken little

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 21:48:40 |Display all floors

just take more practice

Be a rich man !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-16 15:45:28 |Display all floors

my analysis

Perhaps, I know what your confusion, and frustrations stem from.

Firstly, most of the Chinese English learners have some difficulties in correct pronunciation, and that's why some native English speakers conclude that the Chinese speak bad English because their English is hardly understandable.

Secondly, most of the Chinese English learners believe fluency comes before accuracy, and lots of them believe the faster they speak, the better their English is, or appear to be. Hence, you'll find lots of people in chatting rooms are dying for speaking as fast as possible. They swallow syllables, words, pauses, and etc., when they're speaking the language, desperate to speak fast, to show, or even to cheat, that they're so good at English.

Thirdly, you can hardly get used to the distorted Chinese English. As an experienced English learner, maybe an interpreter, you're supposed to understand at least 8 kinds of English, native, Arabian, Indian, Singaporean.......as well as broken English,  a kind of English prevailing in China, Japan, ROK.

When we make typing errors at computer, easy for us to find and correct them. Yet when we make conceptual or strategic mistakes, sometimes too late to discover them. When we're studying English, lots of people lose due to their misconcepts. Alas!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-16 17:24:13 |Display all floors
if you know chinese
you  can chat  them with chinese
hoho~~~
i believe all of you will talk requently

[ Last edited by hover_nee at 2006-10-16 05:26 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-16 21:02:41 |Display all floors
yeah I could help you.

why don't you just shut your english asshole and open the sino one when you talk with your sino brethren?

so that is my adivce.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-20 23:03:13 |Display all floors

Confused

Originally posted by aleryoung at 2006-10-16 21:02
yeah I could help you.

why don't you just shut your english asshole and open the sino one when you talk with your sino brethren?

so that is my adivce.

Dear Confused

I am equally confused over your way of expression of your confusion. Maybe if that is the way you write your confusion out, the other parties probably are confused over what you speak. I can only say you could very simply ask them to speak slower as you can't catch their words or meanings. It is alright to prompt them with simple Chinese words. However, if you want to practise your English, obviously you went to an inappropriate chatroom. They are obviously not of your oral linguiistic ability.

I certainly hope I am not to harsh on you as aleryoung.

This is for you, aleryoung. How would you like me to tell you to shaft it up your you-know-where. Is that the way you show your manners & chivalry to a woman? With your attitude, I wish to say no further except a you tiao has more value than you. You are only fit for Black Lace language & I bet your ass you do not know what I am talking about because you actually know nothing except asses & arseholes (which you hopefully have one.)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.