- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 3587 Hour
- Reading permission
The what so called color revolutions are the "soft coup" that skillfully manipulate elections and democratic procedures to attain regime change in former USSR states in central Asia. This kind of "revolution" significantly use bright and eyes-catching emblems for the action. Georgia had its "rose revolution", Ukraine had its "Orange revolution" and Kyrgiztan had "Yellow/ Lemon revolution".|
The main connection and similarity are... all color revolutions candidate held pro-west policy compared to their opponents in elections, that propose close relationship with Russia. They also enjoy US support, some of which are notorious CIA front. Some of them and the background:
1. USAid: A US funded "civil organization" that teach various political parties in the world on propaganda, news report, topic making, mass rally and people's revolt.
2. IRI(International Republican Institute): lead by John McCain, a republican presidential candidate. One of the most significant operation it ever completed was to throw Haitian president Aristide by force and actively promote and support pro-US Iraqi assembly candidate.
3. NDI(National Democratic Insitute for International affairs): led by former secretary of state Medeleine Albright. The most significant operation is cooperate with NED to support Chavez opponents in Venezuelan election. The financiers of the operation: Chevron, Exxon, Texaco and Enron (it's all about oil).
4. NED (National Endowment for Democracy): led by Vin Weber, former Senate member and currently member of hawkish neo-cons. He is a founder of "Empower America" with simple political views, that America has to own absolute supremacy in military hardware to "solve" dispute. It leads other organizations as International Republican Institute、National Democratic Institute for International Affairs、Center for Private Enterprise and American Center for Labor Solidarity. All have connection to various worldwide NGO's. Their operations stretched from Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China etc etc. In 1980, they even interfere with France election, financing ultra-right National Inter-university Union, using them to attack leftist. One of the NED leader Allen Weinstein stated "A lot of what we [NED] do today was done covertly 25 years ago by the CIA". Current president Bush suggest to double government budget for NED in its 2004 speech.
5. Freedom House: led by former CIA director James Woolsey, a neo-cons... so don't need too much introduction.
6. At last... Open society: led by George Soros. He set up several organizations to finance liberal academics, reporter, college students and organize rally, seminar etc etc. He spent around 2.5 to 3 millions in these 3 countries. His background of a persecuted Jew made him have much care for this eastern Europe region.
(American) Center for Media and Democracy accuse them of being "DEMOCRACY MANIPULATOR" organization seeking to influence political outcomes or process of another country by overt and covert means.
American congressmen Ron Paul accused these organizations, their action won't be allowed in US soil, but they actively operate outseide there.
The what so called "democracy preachers" are just propaganda machine financed by former intelligence officers or bloodthirst supremacist in Washington. Only Open Society that is rather free from Washington interference, but it serve the same agenda, to spread pro-US message using nasty, crafty means.
So much for US style democracy...
[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-10-30 01:04 AM ]