Views: 2890|Replies: 6

How to meet a new boyfriend/girlfriend? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-13 15:17:33 |Display all floors
I am a foreigner and occasional visitor to Shanghai with some Chinese friends here. It seems to me that a problem  people have here is that once they have left their College/University, they have difficulty in  finding an opportunty to meet someone who is a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. Or even meeting another friend of the same sex.  Somework places are small.
Is this true ?   If so, how do you meet others like youself in a big city?   
(PS  I am not looking myself !)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-14 07:55:15 |Display all floors
Try to find a hobby or society to join and meet new friends...that's a start :-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-14 23:48:01 |Display all floors
start from your friends'  friends,haha
爱情什么都象,就是不象爱情...Love is a Fallacy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 05:15:36 |Display all floors
find out what you are looking for in a g/f first, if you are looking for a casual fling and nothing serious then try the bars and nightclubs, if you are looking for a long term relationship then it is best to find your partner through similar interests, I find librarys and volunteer organisations are good places to start, I have been lucky in supermarkets as well, pay attention to what is going into their trolly or shopping basket, lots of clues there. :)
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 09:59:54 |Display all floors
it is a big city with a huge population. But it is very hard to find your Mr or Miss Right in those many people.
"It seems to me that a problem  people have here is that once they have left their College/University, they have difficulty in  finding an opportunty to meet someone who is a potential boyfriend/girlfriend. Or even meeting another friend of the same sex.  Somework places are small."
-it is totally tight. Some of my friend live lonly in the city, some of them busy seeing someone from friends, colleagues and internet. But in my eye it seems a very weak relationship. I am stilldream of meeting my Mr right suddenly someday. 8)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 10:43:56 |Display all floors
wear a t shirt that says... "i am single, talk to me"
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-15 15:43:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by china_gal at 2006-10-14 07:55
Try to find a hobby or society to join and meet new friends...that's a start :-)

Stupid question, but from where those societies could be found?
Waiting for summer :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.