Views: 1576|Replies: 5

Soap Opera and Extramarital Affairs [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-12 16:55:07 |Display all floors
Relevant deparments of Central Government is planning restrictions on the number of soap operas and TV dramas depicting extrmarital affairs...!

It is believed that soap operas about extrmarital affairs have a negative impact on people, esp. young couples. Overemphasis on the dramatic effect does nothing good to the society but shake the stability of marriage and affect the healthy development of young people...!

"Too many TV series exaggerating extramarital affairs can make juveniles believe that kind of relationship is acceptable..." some film and TV direactor were quoted as saying...!

Some well-known direactor advised that more family issues, such as relationships between parents and children should be aired in soap operas...!

What do you think of the TV series exaggerating extramarital affairs for sheer dramatic effect and commercial purposes? How big an impact do those kind of TV dramas have on you and people around you if you don't mind making it public for the good of our communities?..!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 09:07:52 |Display all floors
I don't think that soap operas depicting extramarital affairs are the direct causes of instable marriages. The quality of the persons watching the operas and their ability to tell good from bad play the key role.

A marriage is based on real love as it's known to everybody, and nothing will shake the foundation of such a marriage as long as such a love exists and develops as time goes by. So marry the person you really love and 'operate' your marriage with ever-incresing loving care, you will forever enjoy a happy life...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 11:04:02 |Display all floors
it's a topic hard to explore...! nobody wanna admit theri mentalities are negatively impacted by such operas though such impacts do take place...! going about extramarital affairs needs 'courage', admitting it takes more courage...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 11:52:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 10-12-2006 16:55
Relevant deparments of Central Government is planning restrictions on the number of soap operas and TV dramas depicting extrmarital affairs...!

It is believed that soap operas about extrmar ...

is that said because you are a party of an extramarital affair, or you think that's sad because you consider it censorship?  or?

while i don't think censorship is good in and of itself, at least this time it might actully benefit society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 12:01:08 |Display all floors
i wish i were...! i post the thread just to solicit yr comments...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-13 19:43:09 |Display all floors

Culture counts

I understand what the Central Government do.Extramarital affair is not accepted in China because people regard them as scandal.Foreigners may be open enough to air this behavior,but Chinese people have no courage to do so.It's just a culture shock.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.