Views: 4661|Replies: 24

who buys all these very expensive things. [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2006-10-9 16:42:35 |Display all floors
On my visit in Beijing last summer I was under the impression that I could buy good quality things in low prices at least cheaper than in Greece.
You can not believe my surprise when I saw all the western items ,like perfumes ,jewellery  ,designers clothes bags and shoes in double prices than in Greece.
My God I could not touch anything.Everything was double or more.Not only that but there vwere so many shops selling western products.
I found so many Italian clothes that I can not find them in Italy.It was so disappointing because I was tempted to buy but I shouldn't .The were half priced in greece.
Even in Athens I do not buy them because they are considered expensive and I prefer to go to Italy or England and find them in lower prices than Athens.

My question is why are these products double priced in China?Who are the ones who buy them?Are thre so many rich people who would give a fortune to buy an Italian bag or shoes?and the chinese department stores were full of Italian clothes .This means that there must be a lot of buyers.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2006-10-9 16:51:25 |Display all floors

$$$$$$$$

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 16:53:01 |Display all floors

For example...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 16:54:43 |Display all floors
most of the people in the business circles can afford the western items u mentioned...! they are lucky enough to live in an era when China is doing what it can to seek a rapid development of its economy, which, u know , does bring them chances to make fortunes...!  why not come and try yr luck in China>? you would not ask such questions again if u get yrself involved in doing business in China for a period of time...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 17:08:11 |Display all floors
When Chinese are RICH..they are very very rich..

There is a vice-versa to this statement as well...just have to look a bit further past all of the glitter.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 17:19:49 |Display all floors

Eyeofstorm # 5

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 20:22:33 |Display all floors
Indeed, it's a pity if China's new prosperity is spent on luxury while some still live in poverty.

In Russia this happens to an extreme: a few hundreds of people are unimaginably rich, often because of luck (they could get their hands on public factories when the USSR fell apart). These people can afford anything and just waste their money, while millions of hardworking Russians are very poor. In the end Russia is only getting weaker and weaker. I hope China will choose more wisely.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.