Views: 3831|Replies: 6

I have a question [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-6 18:53:20 |Display all floors
If you have someting to show me,and I want  to have a look at it. What should I say?
Choice: May I have a look or shall I have a look?Please answer me in nomal ways.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-6 20:08:44 |Display all floors
"May I have a look "
my personal opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-7 03:05:27 |Display all floors
yes, "may I have a look?" (polite) or "can I have a look?" (slightly less polite) are appropriate here.

"Shall I have a look?" can be used when someone explains a problem to you. For example if a tourist asks you for directions, or your colleague has a question. Then you'd say "Shall I have a look at it?", meaning "shall I try to solve it?"

But the difference in meaning is very small, so you don't have to worry about it too much:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-7 10:51:26 |Display all floors
May I have a look

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-8 19:50:50 |Display all floors
is it ok if I have a look, do you want me to have a look, can I please have a look, thank you for letting me have a look, is this what you want me to look at,
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-8 20:43:56 |Display all floors
yup, i would use "shall" if i want to say "shall we take a look?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-9 22:30:12 |Display all floors
may i should be more polite

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.