Author: thunderbird

Many people from China settle down in Toronto, Ontario! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-10-2 10:43:45 |Display all floors
I miss the mooncakes~~
I wish everyone healthy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 10:45:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2006-10-2 08:42
Poor, in Canada as in most western countries, is a state of mind.

Unfortunately in western societies being "rich" is associated with rampant consumerism and Chinese are most susceptib ...

Yes, we do have poor people in Canada and we also have street people and homless people in many big cities. This is another social issue facing our cities and governments that need urgent solution as the cold winter is approaching.

We all need respect. Yes, driving a BMW in Canada is pretty respectful. Many dentists, lawyers and business people are into that kind of life style. So not only ethnic Chinese like to have a Mercedes-Benz, Many of my well-to-do English, polish, Ukran, Italian, French Canadian friends are having nice cars like Lexus, Acura, Volvo, Benz etc...Don't forget, most Canadians are not rich. We are just middle-class people. So in general, we are not as flashy as those Hong Kong, United States, or British wealthy people. We are rather a bunch of down-to-earth people.

I like sushi but not raw fish. Between Sake and French Brandy, I must say I prefer French Brandy to go down with my roast pork ribs.

Yes, life is for us to enjoy. So let's drink to the health of all nations and have fun with our brief existence. Life is too short to be wasted on something trival.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 10:49:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ivyfantasy at 2006-10-2 10:43
I miss the mooncakes~~

I got two boxes of moon-cakes, I don't know how to deal with it now, I dislike eating it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 10:50:49 |Display all floors

TO #58

Time is too short, let's enjoy it. xixixi

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 10:54:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ivyfantasy at 2006-10-2 10:36
~~~~~~How about Canadian food?~~
I cook for my parents and brother..and sometimes my boyfriend~~

Sometimes I have bacon and eggs for lunch. Other times, I have pancake and eggs. I like Chinese food very much. In the morning, I usually just have a toast (with slices of banana) and a cup of tea or milk. :L

I can take some pictures and show you what kind of Chinese stuffs we can buy in Ontario, Canada. O.K. Give me a day or two, and I will post to share with you guys.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 10:57:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ivyfantasy at 2006-10-2 10:43
I miss the mooncakes~~

Mooncake has not been my favorite snack. Some of them are too sweet. I can not stand sweet stuff (maybe because I am already sweet enough)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-2 10:58:16 |Display all floors

Multiculturalism is good

I'm not interested in immigration into Canada, investment opportunity or their food, I just like the multiculturalism in countries like Canada. It'd help peace of the world.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.