Author: thunderbird

Many people from China settle down in Toronto, Ontario! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-29 09:15:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janezhang88 at 2006-9-29 08:47

A window of Ontario,Toronto,or other big cities in Canada, from which we can know them very well, it is really good for those guys who are going to settle down in your country. you did a good job ...

Actually many Chinese also settled in many other cities i.e. London, Waterloo, Guelph, Ottawa, Kingston etc.... However, Toronto is a very popular destination for new immigrants. That is why Toronto is well known among Chinese people.
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 11:10:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-9-29 11:06

You are welcome to come and drink all you can to your heart delight. I am no longer a beer drinker. But I still remember those good old days. I drink light and only light, nothing but light.
: ...

Some years ago I was in Salt Lake City for the Winter Olympics.
I worked for an Australian TV Network at the time, and our studios were right next to CBC, in the large broadcast centre in SLC.

After the Ice Hockey finals, when the CBC team were quite generous in their celebrations, it was a pleasant change to drink the Canadian beer, instead of the rubbish we'd get downtown!!!

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 11:57:28 |Display all floors

Beer and wine

Budweiser is okay, not that keen on the rest.

I don't like lite-beer, rather have a glass of water. Does Canada have its own brew? I have never heard of any from Canada. How does one live a civilised life without beer or wine?

I like the cold just fine, -ve 10C with the air crisp and statically charged, no problem. Its the heat that gets to me.

I really enjoyed Montreal and the Franco-Canadians. They were so nice to me, unlike some arrogant sods from the anti-pole.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 16:22:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2006-9-29 13:57

I don't like lite-beer, rather have a glass of water. Does Canada have its own brew? I have never heard of any from Canada. How does one live a civilised life without beer or wine?

I like the cold just fine, -ve 10C with the air crisp and statically charged, no problem. Its the heat that gets to me.

I really enjoyed Montreal and the Franco-Canadians. They were so nice to me, unlike some arrogant sods from the anti-pole.  

Budweiser is the product of a feline urinary tract.

Molson  & Labatts are two major Canadian breweries, there are plenty of others.

Yep Montreal is great and on my only visit there, ten years ago, the people there were very friendly. Mind you they were also very pleasant in Toronto as well.

What's the "anti pole" ?

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 23:22:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2006-9-29 11:57

I don't like lite-beer, rather have a glass of water. Does Canada have its own brew? I have never heard of any from Canada. How does one live a civ ...

Yes, I don't like the heat. I can tolerate the cold very well but not the hot and humid weather.

We also have many beers imported from the states. In general, we have two outlets which sell beers, one is the traditional beer outlet and the other is the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) retail outlet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 23:31:10 |Display all floors
In my presentaion, I have overlooked one area. That is the business area. Well, I am not a business person so I guess I did have a good reason to miss that "hot" talk of the town. Better be late than never. Here are some samples of the "business opportunities" that offered in Ontario. Have fun reading!:)
Dscn8322.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-29 23:32:30 |Display all floors
More reading pleasure.
Dscn8323.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.