Views: 8441|Replies: 26

how difficult is travel in china if you can't speak mandarin? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-28 00:21:48 |Display all floors
for some reason l always get the "travel bug" at this time of year... so today l booked a ticket to thailand

l'm considering making my way up into china... so what do ya reckon?

yeah... this should probably be in the travel section, but l think l'll get more responses here...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 02:53:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 2006-9-28 00:21
for some reason l always get the "travel bug" at this time of year... so today l booked a ticket to thailand

l'm considering making my way up into china... so what do ya reckon?

If you run into Freaky in Beijing, tell her that I love her in English. I think it is more romantic to speak English in China.

[ Last edited by thunderbird at 2006-9-28 10:44 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 10:32:18 |Display all floors

It's damx difficult, if you don't ..

I'm telling whom .... you'll have a big problem if you don't even speak a little Mandarin while travelling in China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 10:44:55 |Display all floors
thailand....
it's not a wise choise for there is a coup there.
GIVE ME YOUR THREAD!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 13:04:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2006-9-28 02:53

If you run into Freaky in Beijing, tell her that I love her in English. I think it is more romantic to speak English in China.

Aww.... I heard that, you sweet sexy bird you! You'll have to come to Beijing and tell me YOURSELF!

Otis, I traveled with a group, with an english speaking guide, and didn't need to know anything. But if you're going to be on your own.... oh boy.... unless you ONLY go to an expensive hotel where they speak english and ONLY visit the most famous tourist spots, it's not easy at all. EVen in those places I mentioned, sometimes they have to FIND the enlgish speaking person, and sometimes that person's english is not that great.

Maybe you could hire a guide for each day, like that girl here on CD... what's her name... if I remember it I'll tell you -
Gotta go, my laptop's gonna die!

I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 15:32:19 |Display all floors
If travel in china , u’d better find a guide ,even u are a Chinese ,there’re still lot’s of local languages u can’t understand

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-28 18:06:35 |Display all floors

language of travels is money.............

and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and money and moneyand more money

p.s.  if you bring enough, your money will even speak the dialects.........btw  otis,  you can travel to Chiangrai Province and go through either Laos or Myanmar to go to Yunnan province of China....you can go through by way of road or River Mekong......have a good trip....

It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams...............5555

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.