Author: finley

would you like to use chopsticks? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-25 23:50:43 |Display all floors
Chopsticks, fork and knife, bare hands.... depends on the kind of food. The right tools for the right foods, I'd say. Some foods are ideally suited for eating with bare hands (like lots of Indian foods) and you wouldn't really enjoy eating them in any other way.

It's a bit like asking, "which tools do you prefer to use: screwdriver or pliers or scissors"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-27 15:11:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2007-2-2 14:16
Do any Chinese people here think using chopsticks is easier, or a fork and knife?

yes, i do. I prefer chopsticks to spoons, especially when we eat fish and food with bones. Certainly, i can't use chopsticks when drink soup.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-3 22:03:00 |Display all floors
Hey, i ate out today and the server gave me chopsticks but no spoon, and I had soup. I really would have been ok with just picking up the bowl and drinking out of it, using chopsticks for the chunks, but I looked around and saw other soup-eaters all with spoons, so I got a spoon.
Is it ok to drink soup from the bowl (a small bowl of very clear soup)? At home I would.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

bossel has been deleted
Post time 2007-3-4 02:07:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-4 09:17:52 |Display all floors
at home, I drink soup from the bowl directly,without using a spoon....

but in other sistuations, I should use a spoon...

this is the way we should behave...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 10:36:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 101010 at 2007-2-9 22:25

Me too.  I'm left-handed.

so do i .

but i can use it with the other too.

have fun:)
try to know everything of something and something of everything~that is perfect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-5 13:09:28 |Display all floors

Fish

Eating fish - floating in fish soup - with chopsticks is difficult

even Chinese people seem to end up pecking at it like sea birds!

Also some every slippy round balls can be hard to pick up - the white ones, look like ping-pong balls.

For other kinds of food it is easy, even for me as a foreign barbarian with barbarian hands and simple brain
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.