Author: finley

would you like to use chopsticks? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-2-2 14:16:00 |Display all floors
Do any Chinese people here think using chopsticks is easier, or a fork and knife?
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-9 22:25:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by perhapslove at 2007-1-27 19:17
My posture of holding chopsticks is really weird and different from others',at one time I tried to correct, but failed, it's too difficult to get rid of such a bad habit,cos I had got used since ch ...

Me too.  I'm left-handed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 08:52:01 |Display all floors

Is it really that important?

Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-9-24 01:30
I like using chopsticks. As long as the food is small enough, I think they are more practical. But sometimes if the food is bigger than bite size, I don't know what to do with it, especially if I d ...

Really? I am a chinese and I have never met people confronting me when I leave the half eaten meat or food on my own plate. Better leave it on your own plate than others when it is too much to you,right? Sometimes, I think it is all about whom you are eating with. Like if you eat all alone, why bother?But if you are with your boss, woo! That is when you should really focus on what he/she uses. What do you think of it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 08:58:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mikeghet at 2006-9-24 14:25

i'm pretty efficient with chopsticks, so when applicable i almost always use 'em.  the problem is that i often prefer to eat a bite of the dish at the same time as i eat rice, so a spoon come ...

Maybe you could try holding rice with chopsticks too? That is another kind of feeling.  I have been eating like that all my life and I can assure you it is very fun!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 09:02:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-9-24 19:10

Ok, now I'm confused. You find chopsticks easier to use for spaghetti?? LOL... On that food I'm the opposite! I find chopsticks more convenient for most things EXCEPT long noodles! Can you expl ...

Dear freackqi,

I see people doing the samething with chopsticks! With forks, at least I cannot do it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 09:13:58 |Display all floors

Already an accomplishment!

Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2006-9-25 22:49
I've been using chopsticks for about as long as I can remember. The only thing I can't do with my chopsticks that the Chinese can (that I've seen) is put together and fold up a little pancake of Be ...

So that is already something I think for westerners. I remember once I have asked my friend chop the steak for me in a western restaurant. That is embarrassing,very!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-2-10 10:16:25 |Display all floors
Now so many people in western can use chopsticks since they were kids.
For me, no different between chopsitcks and forks. I would like to use whatever i feel like.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.