Views: 34646|Replies: 37

We lack an outstanding symbol for our culture! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-12 14:20:25 |Display all floors
I strongly suggest we make Qipao as the symbol for our culture! It’s so astonishingly beautiful, sexy but elegant !

In November last year, the Dragon Boat Festival applied by the Republic of Korea was recognized by UN as an oral and intangible cultural heritage. How could the Republic of Korea make a successful application for a festival which is a traditionally Chinese? What do we lose in our culture?

In the Republic of Korea or in Japan, women wear typical national dressing when festival comes, which becomes the main part of their festive celebrations. Many Korean or Japanese women keep at least one set of national clothing and wear them at special occasions.

I strongly suggest we make Qipao as the symbol for our culture! It’s so astonishingly beautiful, sexy but elegant!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-12 14:56:42 |Display all floors
traditional culture symbol ?

sishuwujing

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-12 15:51:50 |Display all floors

do like they did in Ghana

In Ghana ..every friday they have traditional dress day..
every one wears their traditional dress on fridays..
which means also a boost to the local economy
1. cloth manufactures
2. tailers..

as they were complaining of too many cheap clothing imports from China of western design..

so this way they reived their natural heritage and also boosted thier local economy..

If China adopted something simiar..it would be fantastic..but not restrict it just to the qipao..which is i believe a southern chinese dress?
use all ethnic styles..from old dynastic, tribal..ethnic and up to the last century designs..

we can all learn from  each other..
it was nice looking at the Ghanaians wearing flamboyant clothes on the way to their work place..

good idea..:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 10:32:44 |Display all floors

I think the greatest symbol of China is the people themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 18:09:52 |Display all floors

I strongly suggest Qipao to be our national dress!

Clothing is the most expressive element in a nation’s culture. However, the point does not arouse enough attention from the general public in China. At present, wearing traditional Chinese clothing like Qipao has not become a custom among people.

But the Korean and the Japanese women all wear their typical national dressing when festival comes.

Qipao are so charming, so elegant, so sexy, to show the female body the best!  I do love the Qipao in this magazine!

[ Last edited by flowerlily at 2006-9-13 06:12 PM ]
未标题-1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 18:12:25 |Display all floors

Hanfu Vs Qipao

The cheong-sam only appeared in China’s last dynasty. Before the Qing Dynasty, hanfu enjoyed a history of more than 3,000 years!

Don't you think the Hanfu is more elegant and deserves to be the representative garment of China?
20064235352274.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-13 18:14:11 |Display all floors

Hanfu, the costume for all the Han Chinese

1252707935.gif

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.