Views: 14435|Replies: 26

Moon Festival, have the Chinese lost it? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-12 14:05:36 |Display all floors
The Chinese Moon Festival falls on Oct.6th this year. Will you spend the day with your family? It seems that Chinese festivals have lost its original flavor and lose ground to foreign festivals.

That may explain why last year, South Korea applied to the United Nations to list its version of the Dragon Boat Festival as an intangible cultural heritage. BUT, China is the birthplace of this festival! So ,will the moonfestival be the next one?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-14 09:18:42 |Display all floors

will spend the day with my friends

don't worrty too much my baby.

the Moon festival  is an important day of a year. should stay with my family. but they aren't in the city at the moment. but wil celebrate the day with my best friends. we plan to go boating at  Houhai, you know the bar street at the lake?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-14 09:38:21 |Display all floors
i think most of Chinese people still cherish their traditional festivels..., the problem is that they can't offord the time to observe them during most time of the year when they are away from home, busying themselves 'making money' ...! but no matter how busy they are, they will join their family for a big reunion in the spring festivel...!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-14 09:41:07 |Display all floors
mooncake,mooncake!
GIVE ME YOUR THREAD!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-14 10:06:20 |Display all floors

It's not so easy to have a family reunion

I work in a big city, far away from home.
I could not have the moon fesitval with my parents since i went to college over ten years ago.
I feel tired of ads. on mooncakes, "mid-autumn day, be with family memebers."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-14 10:11:56 |Display all floors
i don't care the festival itself, but i DO like the mooncake, especailly the one with double eggs! So eveyday is mid-autumn day if i can have it. If i like, why not?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-14 15:28:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-9-14 09:38
i think most of Chinese people still cherish their traditional festivels..., the problem is that they can't offord the time to observe them during most time of the year when they are away from home ...
It’s the reality

Many people will have to work in this day , to earn more money ,to get promotion

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.