Views: 4107|Replies: 9

回想大学生活,我想哭。C-E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-10 22:45:01 |Display all floors
一位即将毕业的大学生在给老师的信中写道:回想大学生活,我想哭。不是因为离别,而是因为什么都没学到。我不知道简历该怎么写。最大的收获,也许就是对“一无所有”学会了忍耐和适应。

本人试译:
In a letter to his teacher a would-graduate student wrote, "When recalling my college life, I'd break into tears. It's not for farewell; it's for nothing I've learnt. I don't know how to write my resume. The biggest obtain, if there is one, is that I've learnt how to keep patient and fit to the situation of 'having nothing'".

(在同一篇文章中还提到,据调查,有34.7%的学生在谈到自己的大学生活时,都觉得“后悔”。)

[ Last edited by copchen at 2006-9-10 10:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-10 22:52:48 |Display all floors
一位即将毕业的大学生在给老师的信中写道:回想大学生活,我想哭。不是因为离别,而是因为什么都没学到。我不知道简历该怎么写。最大的收获,也许就是对“一无所有”学会了忍耐和适应。

"When looking back on my college years, I have  a feeling to cry.  It's not because of the seperation after graduation, but that I have never learned anything that can be put on my resume.  Perhaps what I learned is to endure and adapt myself to the reality that I have nothing." said a graduating student in a letter to his teacher.

[ Last edited by hly2006 at 2006-9-10 11:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-10 23:08:42 |Display all floors
A letter to a teacher written by his would-graduate student says,"when recalling my college life I always want to cry not because I am a nostaglist ,it is because that I almost learnt nothing,which leads a fact that I really do not know how to write my resume.Ironically,to my most relief I have learnt how to keep patient and adapt myself to the situation of "having nothing".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-10 23:23:03 |Display all floors

google's work:

A graduating college students wrote a letter to her teacher in college life : retrospect, I you want to cry. Not apprehensive, but never learned anything. I do not know how to write the curriculum vitae. The biggest gain is perhaps of the "nothing" learned patience and adaptability.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-11 03:08:11 |Display all floors
hly, my guess is that yours is the closest. I've edited it a little—hope you don't mind:
    "When looking back on my college years, I feel like crying.  It's not that I miss that time—it's that I did not learn anything that can be put on my resume.  Perhaps what I learned is to endure and adapt myself to the reality that I have nothing." said a graduating student in a letter to his teacher.
It's hard to translate the idea of "separation" or "farewell" without more context. There are, obviously, many ways of conveying the meaning that person might be intending:
    It's not that I'm being nostalgic…
    It's not that I'm leaving college behind…
feel like crying you could also say "feel like breaking into tears"

Hope that helps, copchen!

[size=-2] A lot of college grads feel that way but usually it all turns out all right in the end.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-11 08:06:47 |Display all floors
有时,常常很简单的词,竟然不知道怎么说。例如
“即将毕业的学生”,原来用a graduating student 。
"我想哭“,用"feel like crying",在这显然十分贴切。
还有,miss that time,adapt myself to the reality 等等这些用法,看着都认识,但C-E时就楞是想不出来。翻译真是不容易啊!
谢谢!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-10-28 16:52:54 |Display all floors

hehe

各位大侠说的是啊

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.