Author: modeststeam

Sexy dressing blamed for harassment in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-22 20:29:06 |Display all floors

OK

Maybe I haven't fully mastered the mind of a sexual predator, but I'm trying.

I'm simply typing this based on my own experiences with my own hormones. If I see a beautiful woman dressed in a more sexually appealing manner, blood flow increases. I can't help that part. It doesn't mean that I'll stare at her or even dwell on her in my mind, but that still doesn't change the fact that blood flow increases!

Now take that and remove some of my self discipline, and we're left with my thinking a little more about her. Take aware a little more of my self-discipline, and I might start devouring her with my eyes. And take away a little more, and I might start harassing her. And take it all away, and I could rape her.

Now we can't deny that not all people have much if any self-discipline. So certainly if a woman is a little more decently dressed, then the man might, just might, not be thinking enough about here to touch her. Whereas if she's dressed as if the price of thread is beyond her means, then that might, just might, be the trigger that causes him to react. I'm not saying that this is always the case, but mearely that the chances of it occurring are changed. If a person is dressed in a sexually suggestive manner, certainly while it doesn't mean anyone will touch her, the chances of that happenning increase. If she's dressed more decently, while people may still touch her, the chances are decreased. So while we can never make guarantees, this still influences chance.

Now going back to my bloodflow problems. Even if a beautiful woman was walking around the office naked, no matter how fast my heart might be pumping, I'd still have no right to touch her, and as a gentleman should try to find some blanket or sheet or something she could wrap herself in, and certainly not start staring at her or eating her up in my mind. I'm just adding this to clarify that I'm not making excuses, but rather suggesting that people ought to use common  sense.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 21:43:04 |Display all floors

so right - so wrong

"mencious" is so right.

"inappropriate/appropriate", "decently", "reasonable measures" "tianyuanedu" - you profess to be such a
knowledgeable scholar of the English language, don't you recognize that all those terms are at the height of
subjectivity?  "sexually suggestive manner" - to who?  It's in your "mind"!

You write "I'm not being sexist here in the least".  Can't you fathom that when you place even the smallest
iota of blame for sexual harassment on the part of the person who is dressing as you claim to be
"inappropriately" you are just as guilty of sexual harassment as one who commits it overtly?  It matters not
at all what another person is wearing.  A normal person leaves his sexual yearnings, thoughts and exploits
at home when he ventures to the workplace.

"common sense" now does that translate to writing about some woman walking around an office setting
naked?  Don't you get it?  Your "blood flow" problems are yours and yours alone.  As was stated so correctly
before, many people might get their increase in "blood flow" from long pants, a nice looking pantsuit or a
high turtle neck.  You are wrong again when you say you are not making "excuses" - that is exactly what you
are doing.  Some people can keep their thought in their head and in check but others can't and display them
negatively.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 22:12:43 |Display all floors

Fair enough...

... So I think I'll start dressing sexy from now on. The problem is though, that I've never really thought about how a man dresses sexy. Kilt with an accompanying T-shirt that says "nothing underneath"? Swim trunks? Sleeveless shirt? Topless?  Any advice will be much appreciated for my new wardrobe.

And certainly if anyone should suggest that my fashion sense isn't decent, I'll inform them that it's not my problem and that they can take it up with you guys. I feel much more liberated now. Thanks y'all.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-22 23:10:33 |Display all floors
One man may steal a horse, while another may not look over the hedge, that's what women believe.most women's behavior indicate they are just a kind of parasite. they enjoy most fruit by less work, they admire vanity and demand equal social standing as men but never take the same responsibilities, when face some difficulties they always hide themselves behind men. they dress sexy clothes to exploit married men, enjoying the pleasure when men fight for them, when they are raped they thrust all the responsibility on men. just trust me, that's what most women are.

[ Last edited by travolta at 2006-9-22 11:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 00:56:25 |Display all floors

to #60

Someone got dumped recently, didn't he?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 09:29:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by travolta at 2006-9-22 23:10
One man may steal a horse, while another may not look over the hedge, that's what women believe.most women's behavior indicate they are just a kind of parasite. they enjoy most fruit by less work, they admire vanity and demand equal social standing as men but never take the same responsibilities, when face some difficulties they always hide themselves behind men. they dress sexy clothes to exploit married men, enjoying the pleasure when men fight for them, when they are raped they thrust all the responsibility on men. just trust me, that's what most women are.  

Hmmm... Definitely got dumped recently!
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 09:31:15 |Display all floors
But I'm still awaiting advice on how a man can dress sexy.

Come on ladies, tell me what kind of men's wardrobe turns you on.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.