Author: modeststeam

Sexy dressing blamed for harassment in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-23 09:46:10 |Display all floors

wait

I guess "tianyuanedu" will be waiting a long time.  It is hard to understand how someone who considers
himself to be such a master linguist of the English language can have such a hard time with the concept of
subjectivity.  Please try to conceive of the fact that considering someone dressing "sexy" is an individual
adornment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 09:46:42 |Display all floors

to #63

Man thong!!!

Actually, that's more traumatic than sexy... hmmm.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 10:36:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by overkill at 2006-9-23 09:46
I guess "tianyuanedu" will be waiting a long time.  It is hard to understand how someone who considers
himself to be such a master linguist of the English language can have such a hard  ...

And how does one not be subjective in life? Are you suggesting that because the question of whether or not this law or that is subjective, that governments should simply not exist and we ought to all be left to do waht we want?

Even the question of whether or not murder ought to be legal can be made to be subjective if one wanted to do that. So should we legalise murder now?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 10:37:55 |Display all floors

Man thong,

check.

It might be subjective, but that's what I want. I want to know what the average woman might think.

Man thongs.  Hmmm... So ladies, waht do you think? Man thongs are sexy or not?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 10:39:03 |Display all floors

what about speedos?

If people complain that it's inapproapriate in buses and restaurants, I'll just tell them that that's a subjective issue, so they could just bugger off.
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 10:41:48 |Display all floors
Come on, ladies. Speedos? Good or not?

If a woman looks there though, I swear I'll nail her in court for harassment.

'Your honour, the defendant made me feel ill at ease as she was staring at me sitting in the five star restaurant in my Speedos. It was traumatic your honour, and I want compensation.'
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-23 11:10:55 |Display all floors

theater of the absurd

What we are witnessing here by "tianyuanedu" is the theater of the absurd to the nth degree.  Somehow we
have traveled from dressing "sexy" to wearing "Speedos" in a "five star restaurant".  It sures sounds like
subjectivity to those who can logically conceive of the idea.  There is a huge difference here.  Were we
considering women walking around an office setting in panties and bras?  The answer is of course,
absolutely not!

Then we switch subjects from "dressing sexy" to the subjectivity of laws.  What one has to do with the other,
one can only speculate.  It has nothing to do about whether or not governments are needed to exist.  The
United States operates under a "rule of law".  Yes those laws are subjective, and it is the job of the court
system and the appeals process to dicipher what will be precedents.  Yes, murder is subjective and is
defined in many ways in many different levels and severities of murder.  What about that is hard to
comprehend.  Murdering someone by accident versus murdering someone after premeditating plans to do
so are very different and should be handled and punished differently.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.