Views: 62421|Replies: 172

A question to Chinese people  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-9-1 15:39:26 |Display all floors
I am very curious to know your opinion on something. Why are parts of China off limits to Foreigners? There are places in the countryside that foreigners are not allowed to go to or places that require us to have a special permit. These places could even be 20minutes outside of the city that we may be living in. We are here with a residence permit but we don't have the same rights as Chinese people. In most developed countries, if you have a residence permit, you have the same rights as everyone else in the country. Can anyone explain this to me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 15:51:31 |Display all floors
Maybe the place is for military use.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 15:54:49 |Display all floors
actually many of these places aren't for military use. they often have parks and are places of interest for many chinese people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 15:59:19 |Display all floors
for example?
GIVE ME YOUR THREAD!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 16:05:08 |Display all floors
a guy who was working for a Singapore newspaper was a spy and detained several days ago,as he searched a lot of confidential information for TW separatist from China mainland, and he had to face five years in jail after he confessed them all

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 16:30:16 |Display all floors
but what does going to a park that has a little waterfall have to do with spying? There are secrets behind the waterfall? The secret plans to invade TW are hidden under the park bench? There are many of these little places that foreigner are not allow to go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 16:36:00 |Display all floors
parks? really? it's unbelievable,if that's the truth then there must be something misunderstanding.
GIVE ME YOUR THREAD!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.