Views: 4703|Replies: 15

relationship between friends and colleagues. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-31 18:20:57 |Display all floors
What's your comments about the relationship between friends and colleagues. can we  have both?
The opinion of just doing her or his excellent job ,set others aside is right?
To be frank, I really want to be friendly and harmonious with my colleagues and have tried for several months, but others don’t think so .Only one person will is no use ,right ? so whether should I stop my good will?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-31 22:41:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by raincoat117 at 2006-8-31 18:20
What's your comments about the relationship between friends and colleagues. can we  have both?
To be frank, I really ...

The nature of both relationships are different.

Yes, in my view, you can be a friend and colleague with the same person, but must put these roles in a seperate baskets and perspectives. In other words, when you are at work, the role of being a colleague comes first. It is dangerous to mix them into one basket.

As a rule of thumb, I regard everyone at work my colleague and after work, they can be my friends. There are different rules apply to these two relationships. I wouldn't want to make my life too complicated by mixing them and definitely would not like to play with fire by mixing them. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-31 23:13:35 |Display all floors
yea thunderbird, you better watch out.... fire + fire = you are fired LOL j/k

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 08:19:32 |Display all floors
thanks for your attention.
i will pick it up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 08:20:22 |Display all floors
To be frank, I really want to be friendly and harmonious with my colleagues and have tried for several months, but others don’t think so .Only one person will is no use ,right ? so whether should I stop my good will?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 09:59:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by daotan at 2006-8-31 23:13
yea thunderbird, you better watch out.... fire + fire = you are fired LOL j/k

No kidding It is so risky to mix both relationships.

I did try to mix them once and it back fired on me. I got burned pretty badly. From then on, business relationship and personal relationship were put in a seperate baskets. No more trouble after that approach was put in practice. What an experience!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-9-1 10:24:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by raincoat117 at 2006-9-1 08:20
To be frank, I really want to be friendly and harmonious with my colleagues and have tried for several months, but ot ...

If I understand your situation correctly. I think you should behave friendly and professional at work.

After work, if you really want to make friend with your colleagues, by all mean, do whatever you think you should do.

A relatioship is a two-way street. If you are the only friendly side with no reciprecation from others, you should stop your great effort being "friendly" and maintain a professional yet courteous distance with your colleagues. Unless it is a mutual effort in building the friendly relationship, otherwise I feel that you would be wasting your time.        ----one bird's opinion----

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.