Views: 7504|Replies: 26

Do you believe religion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-22 16:04:27 |Display all floors
My friend told me that he one day met a man on the bus who believes in God (may be Christian) trying
to persuade him into joining them becoming a Christian .
That stranger sitting beside him just kept on talking and talking and told him how it would be so good if you
believe in God,and said God will lead you to enlightment and be with you..etc.
What he told me was a shock.I found that I never believe in anything even science.
How would it be if I tried to believe something and have a faith on it permanently.
I found it intersting and curious about that.
Are there lots of churches in Beijing ?
Do you believe in something faithfully?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 16:53:05 |Display all floors
Yes, there are lots of churches in Beijing, overground and underground.

For me, I do not believe in and kind of god.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 17:09:30 |Display all floors

I have faith in god

the same way a non-believer has faith in science . Deep down both rely on theories and faith . Even if there is no god i would rather live my life with the hope that a god provides . I read on a phone booth once that said "if there isn't a god you have nothing to loose by praying but if there is a god you have much to loose by not praying"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 19:46:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by frothow at 2006-8-22 17:09
the same way a non-believer has faith in science . Deep down both rely on theories and faith . Even if there is no god i would rather live my life with the hope that a god provides . I read on a ph ...

i support what you had said although i don't belive any kind of god ,too.my mother said that there are gods in this world,but actually all we chinese are not so serious with religions.sometimes we belive gods that is because we wish our life being happier or something else.and of course ,we have nothing to lose when we belive in gods.and the point thing to me is that i don't belive this,and i respect all the people that belive gods too.
flying as an eagle in the sky.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 19:52:59 |Display all floors
I respect religious people. I dislike those who like to persuade others to join them or what not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 22:22:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-22 23:18:03 |Display all floors

Religion are formed based on a simple kongfu!

This is the so called Trinity Kongfu!

Is is simple, you first have an "object of worship"....
the Manipulator "chants" and "chants" on some "principal or teaching"......
and you get a "sheep" to believe...

and there you have it! The sheep is easily manipulated by the Father, Pastor....

a "recruited member" of your new cult! or sect!

Each member is worth "money", whether you ask "charity money", "fragrants incense money", "tithe"...
object of worship could be a "simple box", a "statue of a historical personage"...etc.

The idea of having many members in your cult,  is important, as number equal financial strength and manpower. This basic concept has advantage in creating a "superstructure of a gang".....

Indoctrination is another suitable label!

Green Dragon
Just a friend in the New Middle Kingdom

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2006-8-22 11:19 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.