Author: adolaowai

a black guy dating a chinese girl, normal, magnificent, scary or BT  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-21 23:38:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dkscott at 2007-3-21 16:24

and ur point is? i think whether or not the baby look asian or black doesnt matter depending on the how the parents feel, and to be honest there is not problem with dating who you like at the start so why compare between babies?? Babies are innocent whether or not they are dark or light........................

another thing is.. society is corrupted as people only judge people by their skin colour due to media influences and historical prejudice...
From what you said Whiteeclipse about the slavery and the rich and poor.. another thing you have clearly pointed out is that whiter people were bullying darker people with no reason......... ashamed?

First I would suggest adopting a Chinese girl from China before having kids.  As you pointed out that our society is corrupted as people only judge people by their skin color due to media influences so my question is, if you know how blacks are treated due to their skin color then why would you have a black baby? You already know what your baby will go through in life, so why would you do that to your own baby.

Family is important and they know what is best for you, do you really want to lose your family over a black men, I mean do you even know if it's going to work out?

I have nothing to be ashamed of because my parents are Russian and Russia never imported Africans as slaves.  We only bring them in for education, after we teach them then we send them back to Africa.

[ Last edited by whiteeclipse at 2007-3-22 12:52 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 01:24:25 |Display all floors

doesn't matter lol

As long as two people get along and communicate..nothing else matters..Here they stress in Mnhattan..LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION..well I iz sayin' bro'  COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION..that's it....Life can be simple if we want it to be..Have fun!
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-22 06:53:55 |Display all floors
It's a little bit, en, I guess I misinterpret the word "black".
What you mean? You are a black people, or you are a bad guy.

It should be clarified before answering it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-24 08:51:10 |Display all floors

hey

what up.
just saying i'm a black man.
not ghetto, not bad, not gonna do bad.
i am not racist towards any race and i live in one of the most racist city's Detroit.
i judge people on what they do.
I like a chinese girl and she likes me and we talk alot. and i treat her well and
with respect.  
so please don't be racist. it's not your race that defines you it's your character
remeber that and treat people like you want to be treated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-25 22:20:39 |Display all floors

OMG

Originally posted by whiteeclipse at 2007-3-21 23:38

First I would suggest adopting a Chinese girl from China before having kids.  As you pointed out that our society is corrupted as people only judge people by their skin color due to media influ ...

the reason why society is corrupted is because there are people like you who just accept the fact that racism happens everyday in the world and that nothing you can do to stop it. So many people just sit there and let things go on without thinking whether it is right or wrong, just because everybody else does it so you'll follow. This is to be ashamed of. May be you have not experienced being judged by race so you dont know how it feels, for example, you said you are Russian, well here I have friends who are also Russian but get picked on orally by some students here saying that Russians are evil and have evil plans in their mind, do you think you can stand being judged by history rather than being judge for who you are? I myself have experienced being judged because I'm chinese. People make fun of how chinese talks and their facial feature. Once my brother got bullied and been told to go bak to his country. Do you think this is right and is acceptable?? Do you think this shouldnt be changed?

Knowing that racism is bad but continue to let it happen is the worse thing ever. Just like smokers who knows they will get lung cancer continues to smoke, drug addict continues to use drugs knowing it'll kill them. People should stand out more and do things in a logical way, thinking that what people are like by their skin colour is just unacceptable. Everybody is different, so people should respect each other for who they are and not their colour.

Plus having babies really does not concern other people as it is YOUR baby not theirs. Whether or not your babies life is good or bad does not depend on their skin colour. The babies life can be bad even if it is white or chinese or any other race.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 07:03:30 |Display all floors
What about from the other angle?

I'm a black girl studying Chinese and spent an entire year out there being ignored by the guys. Before I went there, I really didn't care what race the guy was that I'd go out with, but I must admit, I'd never been out with a Chinese or other kind of Asian before.

I got there and before the idea of going out with one could even enter my head, I was told by a myriad of Chinese people about how even if I wanted one, I couldn't get a Chinese boyfriend because "black people are ugly". And that was the main message I was getting from mostly everybody. I was told on numerous occasions (and these were meant to be compliments) that I was "pretty, despite being black" - when I pursued the matter, I was told the only difference would be the colour of my skin.

Even a lecturer from my university in London (who'd been living here for most of her life) told me that she thought "Chinese was too hard for black people to learn".

To tell the truth, many of my (white, mainly Russian - to counter the example of that Russian person who was here before) came back from China looking down on the Chinese people for that simple reason. To many people I know, it represents a small-mindedness that is thought only to belong to uncultured, uncivilised people. So while many (Chinese and other races of people) look down on black people, an increasing number of (black and other races of people) are looking down on them for the exact same reason.

Me, I try not to look down on anybody. My "second mother" is a Malaysian-Chinese lady here in London and the majority of my closest and oldest friends are Oriental (Japanese and Chinese from the mainland and Hong Kong) including guys. I also have a half-sister whose mother is Chinese and I was born and partly-raised in Trinidad and Tobago, where interracial dating and marriage is quite commonplace (not saying there aren't racial tensions, but no-one thinks it in any way weird to have a half-Oriental sister). My grandmother on my Dad's side was South Indian and my great-grandmother on my Mum's side was native-Caribbean. So even though I've come out red-skinned, of course I'm still classed as black (and proud to be so): and having all these different ethnic influences on my childhood has really made me quite unable to comprehend the attitudes I was receiving in China and here.

BUT, after that experience in China, I have decided to give up on Oriental guys in general. Not because they wouldn't make good boyfriends, but because if I did, I feel I'd just be wasting my time. It seems that Oriental girls with black guys is possible (if not exactly welcomed by the girls' parents) but Oriental guys with black girls? I'll believe it when I see it!

Another thing I'd like to add is that there is a general consensus among "foreign" girls who've spent time in Asia (especially China) that Korean guys are HOT. Yes, black, white and indifferent (as my mother always says), we all seem to develop a "thing" for the Hallyu. Sorry Chinese dudes...

Dunno what exactly I'm trying to say here: I guess I just wanted to put my story out there.

Bianca

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-26 14:40:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dkscott at 2007-3-25 22:20

the reason why society is corrupted is because there are people like you who just accept the fact that racism happens everyday in the world and that nothing you can do to stop it. So many peopl ...

There are racist people in every race including your Chinese parents, so don't point the fingers just at me.

I live in America and I labeled as a American but other races are labeled as African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic American and Native American.  Also, when people living in other countries and when you ask them what they consider a American, most if not all will say a white people.   My point is that since I'm white it's easier for me to integrate myself into the American society and be accepted by other whites.  I was raised in America and I didn't have a ancient therefore no one knew I was Russian so there were no problems.  

"Once my brother got bullied and been told to go bak to his country."    No I don't is was right what was done to him.

"Whether or not your babies life is good or bad does not depend on their skin colour."  Yes your correct which is why all CEO's in Brazil are white, that's why all CEO's are light skin in India, that's why all Mexican CEO's are white, that's why all CEO's in Pakistan are light skin, which is why all CEO's in America are white and so on.

[ Last edited by whiteeclipse at 2007-3-26 02:48 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.