Views: 146326|Replies: 215

a black guy dating a chinese girl, normal, magnificent, scary or BT  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-15 21:08:49 |Display all floors
Hi everyone, just want to hear your opinion about black guys dating chinese girls.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 22:28:38 |Display all floors
Normal,what's the problem?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 22:46:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by badcorn at 15-8-2006 15:28
Normal,what's the problem?

I dunno. I've heard some disparaging comments about black people from some people on these forums before.

Anyone know what Chinese generally think about them?
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-15 23:13:00 |Display all floors
lots of chinese girls can't get used to the way blacks behave...so not many blacke dating chinese girls succeed or are accepted...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 00:17:19 |Display all floors
lots of chinese girls can't get used to the way blacks behave

How bloody ridiculous.  "How blacks behave".  There's another topic here where there was a discussion about racism in China, and I argued that lots of Chinese are NOT racist...but THIS is a great example of actual racism.  The assumption that all blacks "behave" a certain way.

Actually, most of the blacks I know behave exactly the same way I do.  In fact, my brother and sister are black (adopted), and I am white -- we were raised in the same family, same parents, and act the same way.  To expect that someone should treat my brother or sister differently (or expect them to act differently) just because their skin is a different color is ridiculous.

Let's turn this around -- what if I said that I "don't like the way Chinese men behave"?  LOTS of people here would get pissed off, and they'd point out that Chinese men act in many different ways.  And they would be RIGHT.

I'll make a suggestion.  You should actually get to KNOW some blacks.  Lots of them.  And learn to be able to see them as individuals, rather than grouping them all together as some strange group who all act "differently".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 01:04:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by adolaowai at 2006-8-15 21:08
Hi everyone, just want to hear your opinion about black guys dating chinese girls.

how poor are your brain !!!

do you think black people are aliens or what?

of course, it could be same or worst or better than other race

dating or loving always depends in a person, not in a race.

well

can u give us ur opinion now?

--

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-16 02:29:14 |Display all floors

Tell me where you come from and I will like you(or not)

Originally posted by force_one at 2006-8-16 01:04

how poor are your brain !!!

do you think black people are aliens or what?

of course, it could be same or worst or better than other race

dating or loving always depends in a person, no ...

Well. don't be surprised if I say I think exactly in the same way as you do, that dating or loving depends in a person, that is important for the couple. But you know how the external appearance is important to chinese. I could have titled this thread "foreigners going out with chinese" but instead I stress on black guys. I've heard someone saying if a chinese girl is dating a white guy, though for me there is no difference whatever where you come from or the colour of your skin, the parents will tell the "good"news to the relatives and the neighbourhood, but if it's a black one, better to ...... keep it silent. I don't know what really to think. I won't say chinese people don't like black people, it's just that black people have to show all their quality and kindness and so on to "convince" chinese to like them, or in comparison white people don't have to show anything to be liked and welcomed by chinese. That's why I asked this question. Chinese don't really know balck people and have quite a lot of pre-judgments about black people, it means black guys arriving in China have already  reputations preceeding them, some are good but most of them are at their disadvantage
My own opinion is: that's great! A lot of foreigners or westerners say chinese society is not enough opend to the outside world, I think that kind of figure is an expression of that kind of opening, isn't it?!
Peace and Love

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.