Author: shanhuang

The "Good" Behavior of Foreigners in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-6 23:10:11 |Display all floors

xiao qi gui

and the ostrich who prefers the view in the sand..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-6 23:53:36 |Display all floors
We welcome all of the polite foreigneers.
I am a beginner.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-7 09:48:29 |Display all floors
dual standards are seen everywhere in the world and theres absolutely no need to laugh at that.
www.thefa.cn
where chinese footy fans have English football discussed

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-7 19:01:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mencius at 2006-8-6 22:04
Whenever people post stories about Chinese tourists behaving badly overseas, many Chinese will get angry, say that person is doing it to insult Chinese people, bash them, or whatever.

But when t ...

That's because too much foreigners are so comitted to insult and interfere China's development... for example gaining religious followers and try to collect loyalty from us, but at the same time won't allow other religions to expand to their home soil. Pure imperialist thinking.

It's easy to instigate hatred from this kind of supremacist mentality.

Why don't you try to clean your own backyard first... before spend too much time satisfying your hobby to insult and ridicule?

[ Last edited by northwest at 2006-8-7 07:10 PM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-8 01:04:51 |Display all floors

That Asdian man - a Singaporean

I am a Singaporean but that does not mean I am writing to defend my countrymen.

Contrary, I am denouncing the above postings especially by the so-called senior members of this forum. Don't you think you are leading by sheer inappropriate examples to your younger readers.

You cordone & chastise the Asian (Sporean) man yet you all are not less worse off by your irresponsible comments. Irresponsible because you ASSUME the Asian man is a Singaporean. May I ask on what basis you are so sure he is a Singaporean? Are you God to see through? What if he is a China-born, Chinese citizen who reside in Singapore?

Your analogy will make us, the so-called foreigners, laughed at your childishness, immaturity & lack of logical education. True, China is the iconof the world now. So what if the people do not know how to look at things perspectively.

Remember, what goes round will come around.

I am on your side to condemn the lao wai who treated Chinese as dogs. I have money thrown at me at the cashier by foreigners imn Singapore. I refused to stop them, called for my manager who told them our shop would not want their business. What I would have done if I were there when the money was thrown would be to call the police, have him arrested for insulting a human & as money is a legal tender, throwing or destroying money is a criminal offence. The manner it was handled goes to show why these foreigners don't give us Chinese (yellow skins) any respect. If in Spore, he can be sued & jailed & never enter into Singapore again. That is our lawful & professional way of dealing with them. That is also why the foreigners in Spore won't dare to overdo things against us, Singaporeans, Asians, Chinese, Malays, Indians & what-have-you.

Edmund

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-8 01:28:36 |Display all floors

Reply #19 candy123's post

Wow, a new handle candy123? vey new handle.

We do have a Singgaporian yantau who started a thread calling Chinese bad behavior in this forum. Maybe you should go and ask him why behave so badly in China.

Also, we have a Singaporian Japanese war crime apologist in this forum. Maybe something is going on in Singapore such that they produce many snobish characters.

[ Last edited by shanhuang at 2006-8-8 02:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-8 01:34:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 7-8-2006 12:01
for example gaining religious followers and try to collect loyalty from us, but at the same time won't allow other religions to expand to their home soil.

If you're talking about the Vatican, there are less than 1,000 people there. Most are Catholic clergy, nuns and the Swiss guard. How can you expect the Pope to allow them to be converted? It is the nerve-centre of the Church itself. It would be like another faith demanding the right to convert the guardian priests of the Holy Shrine of Mecca!

Your analogy doesn't work at all, it is quite ridiculous. The Vatican doesn't demand the right to convert the Chinese government, just have relations with Chinese that are already Catholic.

Why don't you try to clean your own backyard first... before spend too much time satisfying your hobby to insult and ridicule?

I could say the same about many members of this forum, including yourself regarding attitudes towards certain Taiwan leaders. Plenty of people here spend lots of time saying nasty things about non-Chinese. Where is your criticism of them? Oh, of course - you can say what you like about foreigners or other countries, just not criticise China or Chinese......

[ Last edited by mencius at 2006-8-7 06:40 PM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.