Views: 4358|Replies: 12

About "employee value proposition" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-8-4 06:26:58 |Display all floors
This is a page of "employee value proposition" in Powerpoint. It's like an outline with little details.

Q1:   A WINNING WORK ENVIRONMENT (it's a subtitle)
Under it, there is one column of Employer Responsibility (e.g. Competitive Compensation and Benefits, Equitable Treatment) and one column of Employee Responsibility  (e.g. Integrity, Dedication) .

For Winning, does it mean Attrative(吸引人的), or mean (An environment) leading to win(通向成功的)??

Q2:  Intensity…Being Accountable  (under the column of Employee Responsibility )

I'm not sure what Intensity for an employee should be like.
For this item, I translated it into "积极性高,责任心强". Is it appropriate?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 06:30:22 |Display all floors
WINNING :吸引人的->优越的;良好的

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 08:55:18 |Display all floors
I agree with clearwater.

Employee Value Propostions talk about why the employee would want to work at that company so it would mean "attractive."

Intensity? What a strange word! I think your interpretation is correct. (It's a kind of a combination of "dedication" (or "commitment") + "seriousness.")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 09:02:24 |Display all floors
Intensity:兢业

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 09:30:38 |Display all floors

Reply #3 jeff_in_sf's post

Yes, it's strange.
thanks for "dedication" (or "commitment") + "seriousness."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 09:31:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by clearwater at 2006-8-4 09:02
Intensity:兢业

我还得想个词,这个用掉了

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-8-4 09:47:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mobile_eater at 2006-8-3 05:30 PM
Yes, it's strange.
thanks for "dedication" (or "commitment") + "seriousness."

Actually, if you say in English, "he's intense,"  it is usually not a compliment because it implies that the person is too serious, all the time.

If your Powerpoint says something like "Our employees share an intensity about the company"—well, it weird but it basically means "dedication" (or "commitment") + "seriousness." It's not really "fun" like "enthusiasm" would imply.

I know you want to get the translation "right," mobile but some words in that sort of thing are kind of blah, blah, blah. Any word like "commitment" or "dedication" in Chinese would be OK, I think.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.