Author: crymeariver

Are you a turtle-banana, pls come in! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-22 17:38:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sinfulangel at 7-22-2006 17:35
well..too many overseas students..too many local students..but not enough jobs...and i think its terrible...i have been told as overseas student .. u get paid about RMB5K max per mth..

depennds on the city....i'm in a modern city and i've heard many college grads getting 1200-2000rmb per month.

if i were an overseas studdent and i really wanted to live in china, i'd just work in my foreign country for several years then return with a lot of coin...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-22 17:39:41 |Display all floors
yea..u shall have at least 5-10 yrs overseas experience before u move back to china..=P

anyways..i dont like here much..i dont like china much either..
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-22 23:00:54 |Display all floors
working overseas for 10 years, u'll surely build a 'not very small' fortune that u can can use to invest in china..., it's one of the reasons that u'll be warmly welcomed when u return ten years later..,  those working overseas are encouraged to go back and invest..., not just return working with a company as an ordinary employee...,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-25 11:34:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 2006-7-22 23:00
working overseas for 10 years, u'll surely build a 'not very small' fortune that u can can use to invest in china..., it's one of the reasons that u'll be warmly welcomed when u return ten years la ...

I couldn't agree more with you.  The world has become so realistic.  frustrating some how

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-25 13:34:11 |Display all floors
i have been told as overseas student .. u get paid about RMB5K max per mth..

The reason these 'overseas students' get such a low salary is because they only went to other countries to study. They did not acquire a citizenship in the other countries therefore they do not fall in with those that are citizens in those country and would require standard western salaries. I am a sea-turtle as well but I am paid the equivalent if not more than I would make in the U.S. because I grew up in the West with an American citizenship therefore I am entitled to be paid in western standard salary as it is the norm for those with this status. .
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-25 14:07:04 |Display all floors

that sux if you ask me...

Originally posted by eyeofstorm at 2006-7-25 13:34

The reason these 'overseas students' get such a low salary is because they only went to other countries to study. They did not acquire a citizenship in the other countries therefore they do not ...

people should be paid according to their ability... not according to their "status" as a westerner...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-25 15:49:01 |Display all floors
It's not just a status thing per se, mind you I graduated from a high ranked university in US and when it comes to salaries in multinational companies they have to accomodate in salaries and other necessities according to the standard in your country of citizenship. It would make good sense considering some ex-pats do have their families and such still living in the other country and I highly doubt a few thousand RMB will pay the dues back home. As far as abilities goes, that is up to the employer to decide through reviewing the resume and other factors and assets.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.