- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 1338 Hour
- Reading permission
Originally posted by fuzzynuts at 2006-8-23 14:14
All things have a string attached!!! Really Freakyqi, don't get your hopes up here. Most foreigners who come to China leave after one year of being lied to, cheated, harassed, made fun of, conned i ...
The phrase I'm thinking of is a bit different, though yours is excellent and you're on the right track. The ANSWER IS: "strung along" ... I could've sworn I was hired a month ago, only to find out now that it's "undecided". There's still a chance, but really, I thought I would've had my visa & ticket by now. Instead, I am sitting in a messy, half-packed apartment with no kitchen table, confused and hoping I don't have to go ask for all my old jobs back.
Luckily, none of those reasons you (fuzzy) mentioned are my main reason for coming. My main reasons are to learn about Chinese culture, the language, and just see what it's like to live in another country for a while. So if I end up with a job I'm not thrilled with, I'll just see it as my payment... the price I am willing to pay for the experience of living in China. If I DO get a job I like, all the better, and I may stay longer.
Here are some thngs I want to do when I'm in China:
- visit all the typical historical places & actually LEARN about them
- visit lesser-known places, like "maofeather" sometimes talks about
- get to know a few chinese people
- learn to speak chinese, & read & write it, including learning the history of hanzi & calligraphy
- go to parks, libraries, etc..
- be able to get anywhere in Beijing by public transportation, all by myself
- eat from normal chinese places & cook with normal chinese people
- see & learn about chinese art, from all times, even what students are doing now
- do taiji/qigong outside every morning, and learning another martial art would be cool.
Ha.... sounds like I don't have time for work... anyone want to just sponsor me for free? I'll do my morning stuff (taiji, eat, etc), work doing whatever you want from... maybe 9am-noon (if it's not too illegal or disgusting), then I'm free for the rest of the day to do the above things.
Anyone have a job for me like that?
HI_JACK - Awww, thanks, you're so sweet! You made me smile!
TSINGHUA_sh - I probably won't be in Shanghai, but I appreciate your kind words.
[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-8-24 01:15 AM ]