Views: 62568|Replies: 424

FREAKYQI is coming to China!! :D [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-19 22:07:46 |Display all floors
If you don't know me you can ignore this!

I remember last year saying "I am thinking about moving to China in about a year..." And one big reason I stayed at these bbs is because I could ask questions to people who actually live(d) there, find out some things, etc. And I feel I have made some "friends" here. I put it in quotes because I've never met any of you, but I've gotten along well with some of you and had good little laughs & been supportive, etc. So I am sharing my good news!

I will not give details here, because the whole world does not need to know where I'll be working & living, etc. So don't ask! But I can tell you I got the job that was highest on my list of wanting! It will be a lot of work (more than I do now, oh no!), a lot of responsibility, a lot of hours, but good pay and very rewarding, I have the chance to really make a difference in some people's lives. How could I ask for more? (well, less hours would be good, but hey, that's life).

So now I have about one month to get rid of all the stuff in my apartment, figure out what to bring that can fit in 2 suitcases, get a visa, etc. Oh I will be SO BUSY!!!!

I'm so excited!!!! I did a lot of work to find a job, I didn't just answer all the ads I first saw. So I'm happy that my year of research payed off, with a job I WANTED, I didn't just take anything! (I think, maybe I shouldn't speak too soon until I am there doing the job for a while!) Whatever... I'll just enjoy being happy for now!!!

Hooray!!!:D:):D

And thanks to anyone who helped me by giving advice, etc.

[ Last edited by freakyqi at 2006-7-19 10:10 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 22:14:40 |Display all floors

look out china... here she comes!

congratulations freaky :D:D:D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 22:38:23 |Display all floors
Congratulations!

I'm sure you will make a difference, both for others and yourself.  Good luck.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 22:48:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-7-19 22:07
If you don't know me you can ignore this!

I remember last year saying "I am thinking about moving to China in about a year..." And one big reason I stayed at these bbs is because I  ...

i dont know where u'll work in china, but i wanna tell u i'll be just a few hour's plane flight from u no matter where u stay in the country. let me know after u settle down . i'll be of some kind of help if u are in need of it!!!. enyjou yr stay in Cina!!!!:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 23:50:31 |Display all floors

yay!

- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 00:28:08 |Display all floors
Congrats :) Looks like we will both be moving to china soon...it will not know what hit it lol   Hows your mandarin? Thats one thing that worries me when I arrive in china..well there are other things but thats one of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-20 03:14:48 |Display all floors
Prepare to be nostalgic after the 'honeymoon period' in China is over. This is just a pre-warning so you know what to expect instead of having it hit you on an element of surprise.
((EyeOfStorm))
~All that which glitters is not gold~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.