Author: cathay

are slightly retrousse nose & a little sunken eyes the most beautiful? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-17 09:50:51 |Display all floors

Judging beauty depends on facial proportion

Perhaps the eyes of western people are belonged to  the group of very sunken eyes, yet the eyes of east asian perhaps are belonged to the group of no-sunken, even a little protrudent eyes.

Because most of western people have higher nasal bridge than east asian, so they are looked as if their eyes are very sunken. Therefore, it can be said that if we can not see nasal bridge but only eyes through the profile, those eyes are belonged to the group of no-sunken eyes.

Slightly retrousse nose does not mean that nose-tip and nasal bridge must be very high, it depends on the appearance of people. For most cases, indeed the western people who must have very high nose-tip and nasal bridge are beautiful. Even so if east asian who have very high nose-tip and nasal bridge can not be classified to the group of beauty, because those probably are not consistent or compatible with their proportion of face, so mildly high nose-tip and nasal bridge could be better to be judged the beauty for east asian.

[ Last edited by cathay at 2006-7-17 09:58 AM ]
C contends solitude to cause madness, while S maintains meditation for solace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 03:11:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cathay at 2006-7-17 09:50
Perhaps the eyes of western people are belonged to  the group of very sunken eyes, yet the eyes of east asian perhaps are belonged to the group of no-sunken, even a li ...

Cathy, when you mentioned the East Asian, you reminded me of the Indians from India. Many of them have "sunken eyes" and high "nasal bridge". Also, some of them have a "white" facial profile. The Middle-East facial profile is very interesting too. Just to let you know that I don't have a point to make here. I am just chatting away with you. Cheers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 15:57:20 |Display all floors

cardinal rules are .................

close the face

wallop the base

be good in the sack
It is important that man dreams, but it is perhaps equally important that he can laugh at his own dreams...............5555

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 16:17:04 |Display all floors
#6 looks like my foreign teacher :)
Well, in my opinion, it's hard to say what makes a "good" profile, just as the saying goes---Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
I think there must be someone with a slightly retrousse nose plus a little sunken eyes but doesn't look good, and vice versa
宠辱不惊,闲看庭前,花开花落;
去留无意,漫随天外,云卷云舒。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 17:33:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chris-k at 2006-7-18 16:17
Well, in my opinion, it's hard to say what makes a "good" profile, just as the saying goes---Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
I think there mu ...

Facial proportion is critical.

close the face

wallop the base

be good in the sack

Abracadabra?
C contends solitude to cause madness, while S maintains meditation for solace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-18 18:05:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cathay at 2006-7-18 17:33

facial proportion is critical
[

sigh..........
If only I'd got that critical proportion
宠辱不惊,闲看庭前,花开花落;
去留无意,漫随天外,云卷云舒。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-19 03:27:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chris-k at 2006-7-18 16:17
I think there mu ...

The face in picture #6 is fairly common over here. She has a unique but common face.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.