Views: 11424|Replies: 47

WARNING about PM's (private messages) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-12 12:34:10 |Display all floors
DO NOT make PM's public without the writer's permission.

DO NOT give away information about others in PM's (or in any other way) without their permission.

DO NOT use the PM system to form groups to gang up on other members. This includes teasing, giving negative ratings, gossiping or harassing in any way.

DO NOT use the PM system for the purpose of "informing" new members of who is "good" and "bad", intimidating them to be on your side. There are no sides here. You are all individuals. Let newcomers make up their own minds about who they like. Maybe their opinion is different from yours.

NEWCOMERS:
Welcome! We have a lot of old hands here willing to help you and let you be yourself and enjoy the bbs. If you receive any PM's asking you to join any circles or groups of "friends" made up of other members here, please disregard it. If someone makes you feel uncomfortable in a PM, forward it to me and tell me. Be smart, do the right thing, and feel free to express your own thoughts here. People may disagree now and then, but no one should tell you who to "be friends" with or be rude to.

ALSO: If you receive PM's detailing other members and their behaviors or quotes from them, disregard them or forward them to me if you are bothered by them. Make your own judgements, and don't be scared away by a few bad apples.
:)

*****If you are currently in a CIRCLE OF FRIENDS (or whatever it's called!):*****
STOP the harassment. STOP ganging up on people! Stop PMing newcomers. It is intimidating to them. It makes them afraid to speak their minds, wondering if they will be the next to be on the list of people to be mean to. Newcomers don't know anyone yet, so why should they trust you? You sound like a crazy person to them, and if they see you badmouthing others,  don't you think they will worry they may be next??? They will immediately not trust you, and not know whom on the boards they can trust. YOU ARE DRIVING AWAY NEW MEMBERS!!!!!! LEAVE THEM ALONE unless they ask for help.

STOP RATING FOR NO REASON. And stop giving Minus Points just to keep others from reaching the next level! That is abuse of the ratings system. There is no prize for having the most posts!

Post unto others what you would have them post unto you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-12 12:43:16 |Display all floors
""
DO NOT make PM's public without the writer's permission. ""

I like this one.  It basically says, "have some integrity".  nice....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-12 12:46:29 |Display all floors
3bowls..i totally agree with you on eveyr point!!!
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-12 12:54:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by threebowls at 2006-7-12 12:34

DO NOT give away information about others in PM's (or in any other way) without their permission.

DO NOT use the PM sy ...

'''DO NOT use the PM system to form groups to gang up on other members. This includes teasing, giving negative ratings, gossiping or harassing in any way.
'''

3 bowls, I think you are a very responsible moderator. Here you have my respect.
But I would rather believe that people come here for fun, exchanging info....We can't even see each other, why bother to gang up......all for fun. people in this modern world more easily feel lonely and fed up, we need a place to play from time to time, as long as it's not really harmful.
3 bowls I personally think you have done a very responsible job. But you are perhaps more on a strict side, right? Pls consider.
Boating on the Houhai River...在后海泛舟...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-12 13:24:07 |Display all floors

whirlingone

Play all you like, but not at the expense of others. In this case, because of the fun of a few, many were/are having a WORSE time here, and in some cases leaving.

If you are unsure if something you are doing or being asked to do is appropriate, ask. You have all shown your creativity with making up game threads, and there are a few that exist already, maybe you could join them for fun.

Try to stick to "friends, love & relationships" as best you can, but you know I allow the games like with pictures and some word games. If there are too many I may send some to Easy Time, but if only a few, it's ok.
Post unto others what you would have them post unto you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-12 13:27:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by threebowls at 2006-7-12 12:34

DO NOT use the PM sy ...

U R the ONES DRIVING PEOPLES AWAY!!!

now we use xxxxs!!!

U put people "under DURESS"

Thxs

[ Last edited by caringhk at 2006-7-12 02:39 PM ]
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-12 13:28:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sinfulangel at 2006-7-12 12:46
3bowls..i totally agree with you on eveyr point!!!

The POLISHERS!!!  
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.