Author: threebowls

WARNING about PM's (private messages) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-13 12:21:57 |Display all floors

WHY WAS XIAO BANNED?

Bullying and harassment that was taken too far. She was asked to stop many times and I was patient with her for a LONG time. Her final words after her most recent warning were for me to go do some sexual things with fruit and to have fun with someone here as my whore, among other things, and calling me racist names. (On the boards, not just PM's) Some of you didn't see it because it was deleted. Many of you here have missed a lot of her behaviour over the months and even past year because it gets deleted.

Keep your eyes out for an upcoming post about cyber-bullies, inspired by the very best post xiao has ever created, about that topic. Perhaps it was a cry for help, but not from the victim's end. I will take excerpts from it as well as from other sources, and I will tell you straight out that it will describe her perfectly.

I would HIGHLY suggest ignoring her if she comes back with a new name, or if you get emails from her or from that circle of friends.
Post unto others what you would have them post unto you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 12:28:41 |Display all floors

I am not going to create any lists.

I am not going to create any lists. It will only cause more controversy and harassment. And who is to decide who would go on this list? No, if people see they are edited, they should watch their language in the future. If someone asks them to stop something, they should stop. If they are warned from a mod, they should stop the behaviour. Period.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 14:05:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by threebowls at 2006-7-13 11:24

What is wrong with it is when it turns into harassment  -gossiping about others, scaring away new members, distancing old members for fear they are being talked about behind their backs and fee ...

- gossiping - Are you SURE???
[size=-1]No PM's for WEEKS!!![/size
]
- the rating system - I DID STOP.
& you stopped the whole system!!!

a gang - You can ask them.
There was a thread asking for PM's as friendlies!!!

plots against You - Do i gain any thing???

moderator-  You allowed rude posts/people to stay!!!

buddhist - 1st time you say so.
Who say Buddhists cannot debate??? (You said so by quoting Gossip....)

PM - Since PM is not private. ( as said by YOU loud & clear)
How we talk as friends is our private affairs.
There were NO email OUT!!! Go ask anyone & proof it!!!

This is a public debate.
& this is my last one to you as a gentleman.

Thxs

[ Last edited by caringhk at 2006-7-17 02:19 PM ]
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 22:14:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2006-7-13 17:05

- the rating system - I DID STOP.
& you stopped the whole system!!!

I had nothing to do with that, in fact you reminded us all in another post that I said a long time ago they were thinking of doing away with that feature. I'm sure you and xiao just recently helped them make that decision firm. If anyone is not happy with it, they can now thank you and xiao and whomever else has been abusing it. I'm not the only mod, and I'm not the only mod (or the only member) who thinks what you've been doing is wrong.

buddhist - 1st time you say so.
Who say Buddhists cannot debate???

I don't know who. I didn't say that.
But I do know that some precepts of Buddhism are not to gossip, not to put down or attack others, Not to form groups or cults that exclude some and target others, etc...

PM - Since PM is not private.

Who ever said that? It is only "not private" to the extent that people who receive them may pass them around to others, and to mods if they feel they are being harassed. If you are passing them around to show what other have written, then you too are ruining the privacy factor of them. Members have felt their PM's are not private because of you and xiao passing them around and quoting other members in them without those members knowing it.

And I am glad this is your last conversation with me, as a gentleman or not. I am tired of this. Goodbye then.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 22:21:28 |Display all floors

just curious...

Originally posted by threebowls at 2006-7-13 22:14

Who ever said that? It is only "not private" to the extent that people who receive them may pass them around to others, and to mods if they feel they are being harassed. If you are passing them around to show what other have written, then you too are ruining the privacy factor of them. Members have felt their PM's are not private because of you and xiao passing them around and quoting other members in them without those members knowing it.

so does this mean the moderators can't access peoples PM history?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 23:08:04 |Display all floors

Calm down moderator!

I can feel you're real mad about all this, and I don't blame you. However, I do believe I understand why Xiao would be mad. There are posts which are incredibly insultive and they're allowed, and others are not.

I think we are entitled a few rights, and PRIVATE MESSAGES are one of them. Friends are allowed to discuss PRIVATELY points they feel you let slip through. And sometimes I guess, many of us feel that there's no point, pointing out the things you allow to be said, because if we have to point out those things, KNOWING WELL it was ok with you, makes many of us real mad.

I simply would like to request impartiality... towards all races, nationalities and genders. I know that's not easy to monitor, but it shouldn't be too difficult either.

regardz

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-13 23:22:21 |Display all floors

yes...

Originally posted by divina at 2006-7-13 23:08
I can feel you're real mad about all this, and I don't blame you. However, I do believe I understand why Xiao would be mad. There are posts which are incredibly insultive and they're allowed, and o ...

l can also sense the vein swelling on 3bowls' forehead!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.