Views: 1724|Replies: 5

marry a canadian girl!!? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-4 08:53:22 |Display all floors
i was told by a toursit guide in my last trip to canada that it's the girl(her family) that pays the most part of the spending on marriage. the guide has 3 daughters to marry off, which is really a big burden for him. we suggest that he send his daughters back to china and marry chinese guys, but he  a bit hesitated to do it..., is this true or not

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 09:10:53 |Display all floors

what's true or not?

u told us a story and asked us if it was true? or do u mean something else?

but anyway, why would he send his daughters to china and make them marry chinese guys? to save the cost of marriages? i've never heard of any kind of "rules" saying that the bride's family has to pay for everything for marriage. plus marriage and love are their own choices, why would the father "force" them? this is not like in the old china, is it?
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 09:22:54 |Display all floors
it's tradition for the  women's family to pay for the marriage.. but there isn't any rule about it.
traditionall men should support the women so the family would pay for the wedding so there would be less burden on the man when they are married , ause he lready has to buy the house and everything for the family.

But normally now weddings are split 50- 50 between the 2 families or the peopel getting married pay for it themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 09:24:31 |Display all floors

wow peaches

long time no see, how's everything going?
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 09:52:25 |Display all floors

hi johnyou

meet u guy again ,,u smirched me a lot  last time.i do not care,,,AND forgive u....something to say about this thread..
yes,in my hometown,the tradition is like that the girl`s family pay for the marriage,,,yet,now it is changing o litter..the man`s family give money to woman`one.then tae woman `family will pay for the all the thing needed during marriage..
in fact ,the money is from the man1family..why ?ithink in the 21st century ,人才,is the imporant item,cos the woman ,once married out,will not belong to original family ,so some money for compensating is proper....
futher depends on the dreams,so go on sleeping

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-4 13:00:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by johnyou at 7-4-2006 08:53
i was told by a toursit guide in my last trip to canada that it's the girl(her family) that pays the most part of the spending on marriage. the guide has 3 daughters to marry off, which is really a ...

yeah, in north america the girl's family  pays for the wedding.  the guy will pay for certain things too though and obviously the ring.

you can get married for 50-100usd (the processing cost) so him worried about the cost of a wedding is nonsense, since you can have one for nearly free...even go to a church and most won't charge to rent the place.

the girl ought to get a J-O-B and not be so dependant on her parents....i'm assuming she's an adult (no assume jokes please, i already know them)....   :)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.