Views: 20134|Replies: 84

Being with a white man [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-22 01:57:13 |Display all floors
I want to share my little feeling. My bf is from west europe. He recently talks about marriage.  I asked how much he earned a month(just around 14000 rmbs after tax per month). And the amount upsets me of course.  After that, I had nightmares every night about marriage. I don't want to get married now.   But it's like I accepted already...   I don't love him for his money but I am easily discouraged/ getting a feeling of insecurity if I know something that can hardly work.

I told my friends about that and they say I'm greedy. They say I shouldn't expect too much from a white guy. I admit that he gives all he has to me and he doesn't mind me having no job in his country in future. But with his tiny salary, I can imagine what's our future.    I feel guilty that I mind about money but at the same time I reeally shurrder when I think about the future after marriage with my bf.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 02:04:27 |Display all floors

Why?

Why does 14000 RMB per month (after tax) upset you? That is over £1000!

How much do you earn? How much do you want him to earn? How much is the average salary in your city?

What country is he from?

Stop calling him "white man" or "white guy" - he is your boyfriend. The colour of his skin does not matter.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 02:18:26 |Display all floors

eh

Hey, if in China, 14000 rmbs is not bad. But in his country, it's not much, considering that the living standard is so high there. He is from france.

no, his salary(14000rmbs) is at least 3000 RMBs less than £1000.  If  £1000 it's quite good already! I earn 0. And I have never worked in my life.  

I am sorry to call him a white guy. But I don't want to mention his name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 02:20:43 |Display all floors

maybe u urself should start working first

before you say someone else earns too little.
- We don't dwell on the past, we remember it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 02:33:36 |Display all floors

don't marry

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 02:33:38 |Display all floors

Hmmm ...

Originally posted by aiwoai at 21-6-2006 06:18 PM
Hey, if in China, 14000 rmbs is not bad. But in his country, it's not much, considering that the living standard is so high there. He is from france.

no, his salary(14000rmbs) is at least 3000 RMBs less than £1000.  If  £1000 it's quite good already! I earn 0. And I have never worked in my life.  

I am sorry to call him a white guy. But I don't want to mention his name.

Hang on: £1000 is 14,760 RMB at today's exchange rate. Your boyfriend is earning about 1381 Euros after tax.

So, you have never worked in your life? What right do you have to complain about his salary then?

What do you want from this man? His money or his love? It seems to me that you worry more about money. Are you materialistic?

How old is he? How old are you?

I am just trying to build up the right picture of what is going on here.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-22 02:37:22 |Display all floors

Hmm ...

Originally posted by canadian45 at 21-6-2006 06:33 PM
It is curious that he is from France but his after-tax income is quoted in pounds. His income does sound very low, especially if he lives in a city of any size.

No, she quoted RMB, I gave the £ conversion since she mentioned Western Europe.

I don't know the tax rates in France but £15,000 per year (a guess at what £1000 after tax equates to in the UK as an initial salary) is not too bad.

It depends on how you live and where you live. If you are sensible with money then £1000 can go a long way, otherwise it can be wasted quickly.

I am more concerned about this girl's worries about money. If she loves this man then money does not matter.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.