Author: aiwoai

Being with a white man [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-7-1 09:46:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liangzai at 2006-7-1 01:04

Again, replacing one substance (heorin) with another (Jesus) solves what problem?

I am not a marxist; I'm on the other side, the libertarian corner.

Sir, have you ever had a friend or loved one die because of heroin, or crack??? Ever been to a hospital to see a new born baby, born addicted to crack cocaine? Have you ever had a parent call you in tears asking for help because their son/daughter is addicted? Have you ever shared the joy with a person who has overcome addiction and now is living a full and productive life. To answer your question: "solves what problem?" While you see Jesus as some sort of replacement addiction, my experience is to see people restored, rescued from the jaws of death and given a new chance to live a life free from all adictions.

Aiwoai, I am sorry that I have went far afield from your original post and your bf situation.

Three bowls: Xie xie for your kind comments.

Regards to all, pastorbob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-1 11:28:47 |Display all floors

touché!

Originally posted by pastorbob at 2006-7-1 09:46

Sir, have you ever had a friend or loved one die because of heroin, or crack??? Ever been to a hospital to see a new born baby, born addicted to crack cocaine? Have you ever had a parent call y ...

by my score sheet that's pastorbob-2 liangzai-0

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-1 12:47:36 |Display all floors
you are not greedy ,but selfish

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-6 21:52:52 |Display all floors

original post #1

Hello Aiwoai,

How are you feeling these days? I was re-reading your original post and am wondering if you have decided anything yet? Personally, I like stories with happy endings but life does not always provide one. I was touched by your opening remark, "my little feelings". Your feelings are not small or large; they are your feelings and they are important and have to be attended to. If you have made any decisons, I would be glad to hear.

Like the old drunken wise man once told me: Cheer up things could be worse. So, I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse. HaHa

Regards,
PastorBob

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-6 22:03:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pastorbob at 2006-7-1 09:46

Sir, have you ever had a friend or loved one die because of heroin, or crack??? Ever been to a hospital to see a new born baby, born addicted to crack cocaine? Have you ever had a parent call you in tears asking for help because their son/daughter is addicted? Have you ever shared the joy with a person who has overcome addiction and now is living a full and productive life. To answer your question: "solves what problem?" While you see Jesus as some sort of replacement addiction, my experience is to see people restored, rescued from the jaws of death and given a new chance to live a life free from all adictions.

Except the addiction of Jesus Christus. If people with psycho-social problems turn to drugs, you will not help them unless they join your religious community. That's extortion, not help.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-6 22:10:57 |Display all floors
Ive never been apart of a congregation that turned away someone who didnt believe.  We helped them like you wouldnt believe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-7-7 06:47:31 |Display all floors

addiction to Jesus Christ

lingazi,

You may continue with your belief equating Jesus Christ with addiction. You have your opinion, I have mine.

In my years of ministry I have been called many things, the first time I have been called an extortionist. Where do you get your erroneous information from: that if people don't accept Christ I will not help them??? That is a falsehood. Just as hidenseek posted I have never refused to help any addicted person unless they joined my religion. Over the years, many have been set free from drugs, some have continued to walk in Christianity, while others made a free will choice not to follow Christ. No brainwashing. No addiction to Christ. No extortion!!! Just individuals making free will decisions, and this Sir is based on my factual experience. Like so many, you pontificate without the benefit of knowledge or experience, and then you resort to childish name calling. Extortion????

Sir, your use of the term psycho/social disorders? If you believe that only those with psycho/social problems get involved with drugs, then you only display your lack of knowledge in the substance abuse area.

Your mindless parroting of phrases equating Christ with addiction, as well as your lack of knowledge of substance abuse precludes any further intelligent debate. This is Aiwoai thread and it is for her, and her feelings, and her problems.
Aiwoai, I apologize for clogging your thread. Please let us know how you are doing. Xie xie.

Regards,
PastorBob

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.