Views: 1627|Replies: 3

How to tell her? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-6-6 18:00:08 |Display all floors
I was ever asked a sensitive topic by my daughter, that is: do you like or be liked when you were in middle school?" i often tell her the truth,"yes,i like a boy, and i know very well that some one like me" another question should be followed: what did you do? how did you handle it? how did you balance study and emotion?
i told her that was a natural phenomena when you have a special feeling of opposite sex,it is normal,just dont worry about it, but dont focus on such things. you are still a teenager,a student, your main task is study,only you master more knowledge,you can judge what is right, and what is wrong. another reason because everything hasnt settled down, is changeable, so dont make a decision for a certain boy so early.

I am wondering how you make a conversation with your kids on such topic, what kind of advice do you give them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 18:05:05 |Display all floors

Reply #1 janezhang88's post

Girls will be girls.
Boys will be boys.

Surely they will ask for friendly advise.
Tell them to know each other like brother and sisters.

When they are older, they will come to know more.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 19:06:14 |Display all floors

If I had a daughter, I would tell her...

don't trust any boys in school, they know nothing about love, what they really want is to have fun. If you have relationship with one of them, you will be hurted.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-6-6 20:06:28 |Display all floors
Talking with your kids about life is really important. I advice them to only be friends - for years! :)  Also, keepa certain distance, don't even kiss!!

I agree with what you guys wrote. Studies are important, and it's important for every person to decide it's own path with as little influence as possible from your "special friend", because once you get married, maybe you won't have a chance to develope further (further/other studies...)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.